Marketing and Communications Manager Upper Marlboro, MD The Opportunity:
Capital Electric, a billion-dollar operating company representing the largest electrical distributor in the world has an immediate opening to join our Marketing team. We are looking for an enthusiastic Marketing and Communications Manager to help us in our overall marketing efforts. You will be an integral part of the strategy, development, and execution of a variety of marketing initiatives - with a focus on marketing program management and communications. Our goal is to deliver valuable, effective marketing programs that will significantly contribute to the growth and long-term success of our organization.
Successful candidates must have a strong work ethic with the ability to learn and adapt quickly. You will manage our Marketing Team and report directly to the Director of Marketing, you will be working in a fast-moving environment managing multiple projects at once, while closely collaborating with others. Consequently, this role requires a high level of creativity, attention to detail, project management, presentation skills, and the ability to effectively communicate ideas.
This position will be located on-site at our corporate office in the Washington, DC area, with the opportunity for flexible/hybrid work. Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides value proposition development, messaging strategies, marketing insights that support and drive company new business strategies and omni channel approaches.
- Manages the marketing budget, including, major events, promotions, materials, and market development funds.
- Hires, trains, and conducts performance evaluations and assigns tasks for marketing staff.
- Plan, implement, and monitor integrated marketing campaigns across a variety of channels.
- Create and maintain the department master marketing calendar.
- Reviews and evaluates overall effectiveness of marketing programs and services by managing the reporting for department KPI's.
- Collaborate closely with marketing team members and other internal stakeholders (e.g., sales, purchasing, operations) to ensure alignment and successful implementation of marketing initiatives.
- Develop and manage internal and external communications (e.g., newsletters, press releases, articles, scripts, and other related marketing content).
- Effectively utilize communication vehicles to effectively promote products, services, customer events, eCommerce platform, and overall company brand.
- Implement strategies and support administration of manufacturer marketing co-op programs.
- Work with external agencies and vendors to execute effective marketing programs.
- Identify marketing trends and key opportunities for innovation.
- Performs other projects or special assignments as required.
- 5+ years' experience in B2B marketing, communications, advertising, or related field.
- 1+ years' of team management/supervisory experience
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications, business, or related field.
- Great work ethic; Thrives working in highly collaborative environment.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Fast learner with ability to problem solve.
- Good understanding of analytics, data, and reporting in Google Analytics or similar tools is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint, Teams).
- Experience with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Marketo, or Hootsuite a plus, but not required.
- Experience working within a website CMS preferred.
At Capital Electric, successful associates exemplify and promote our leadership mindset of Adapt, Dare, and Learn:
- Adapts easily to new situations, people, culture, and technology by choosing the right skill set at the right moment and place.
- Can appropriately challenge the status quo; never satisfied and always looking to improve.
- Is curious, willing to learn and explore new topics, and to apply new learnings that align with current business objectives.
Join our team! Capital Electric offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits package, and the professional advantages of an environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements.
Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.Required Skills
We offer excellent training, career advancement opportunities, and a competitive compensation package to include vacation time, personal time, full health benefits, 401(k) and more. Capital Electric is an EEO Employer.
CapitalTristate, Eck Supply, and select Vallen locations have merged to become Capital Electric.
Capital Electric is The Electrical Distributor of Choice in the Mid-Atlantic region and a proud member of the Sonepar family. Capital Electric delivers excellence in service, products from the finest lighting and electrical manufacturers, extensive application expertise, and customized, comprehensive solutions to our customers. Altogether, we serve customers in the District of Columbia, Maryland, Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina and Georgia from over 70 locations and from our central distribution center and company headquarters in Upper Marlboro, MD.
Capital Electric is also part of the Sonepar family of operating companies, consisting of the finest locally managed electrical and industrial distributors throughout the United States. Sonepar USA is a market leader in the B-to-B distribution of electrical, industrial & safety products and related solutions.
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe In Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Attention To Detail