Pactiv Evergreen Inc. (NASDAQ: PTVE) is a leading manufacturer and distributor of fresh foodservice and food merchandising products and fresh beverage cartons in North America and certain international markets. It supplies its products to a broad and diversified mix of companies, including full service restaurants and quick service restaurants, foodservice distributors, supermarkets, grocery and healthy eating retailers, other food stores, food and beverage producers, food packers and food processors. To learn more about the company, please go to the company website at pactivevergreen.com.
Pactiv Evergreen is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Pactiv Evergreen is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, religion, creed, age national origin, physical or mental disability, genetic information, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, veteran status or other characteristics or statuses protected by law. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please call
or email [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager, Communications
All information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines and applicable laws.
Reporting to the Director, Communications, the Senior Manager, Communications will be responsible for supporting all stakeholder communications, including executing an employee communications strategy, developing and distributing global employee communications, managing all corporate external meetings and events, developing and executing a social media and corporate visibility strategy, and other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate is enthusiastic, resourceful, determined, and entrepreneurial with experience in developing communications programs that drive company culture, employee engagement, manage through change and build understanding of a company narrative.
- Develop forward-thinking strategies, routines, processes and measurement tools for improved, more efficient and effective employee communications that support and drive the Company’s strategic business objectives.
- Develop and execute communications plans to drive business objectives by educating, inspiring and engaging employees.
- Serve as a champion of Pactiv Evergreen culture, purpose, mission vision and values.
- Partner closely with leaders across the business to engage, inform, and inspire employees to ensure they will feel connected to Pactiv Evergreen’s purpose, vision and values.
- Support all planning, logistics and execution of the Company’s Leadership Meeting, including all pre- and post-meeting communications.
- Cascade communications initiatives, processes and tools to business unit leadership to ensure consistent, effective delivery of company communications to all employees.
- Counsel business unit leadership on most effective ways to maintain an informed, engaged workforce.
- Work with Plant Managers and HR Managers to improve communications to and engagement with front-line employees.
- Support Director, Communications with development and distribution of all corporate communications, publications, corporate videos and presentations.
- Support Director, Communications with planning, promoting and executing all Company meetings and events.
- Drive content development and employee engagement through the employee communications and engagement platforms.
- Research and identify new employee communications and engagement platforms and emerging technology (i.e., mobile app, video platform, email newsletter service, etc.) and improving existing platforms, including the Pactiv Evergreen Portal (Intranet) to connect with employees across the organization.
- Drive content development, including written, video and audio, and employee engagement through the Pactiv Evergreen portal (Intranet), Marlin digital signage and email.
- Work closely with Director, Communications to develop the Company’s external visibility plan, including the development of a targeted media list, outreach calendar and media outreach.
- Drive earned media strategy and write, edit, and distribute press releases and other media materials related to new products, events, capacity expansion, M&A, etc.
- Develop and execute the Company’s social media strategy.
- Oversee the Communications budget and invoice management.
- Act as liaison within business for corporate brand alignment and corporate communications governance.
- Work cross-functionally with all business units and corporate functions, including Human Resources, Talent and Culture, Sustainability, Marketing Services, etc. to plan and executing communications activities that further the strategic goals of the organization.
- Demonstrated experience implementing campaigns or projects that focus on:
- Social media engagement
- Verbal communications and public speaking skills
- Visual communications skills
- Media relations
- Reputation management
- Executive communications and speech writing
- Crisis management and response, standby statement development
- Community affairs/engagement experience
- Employee communications
- Change management
- Bachelor’s degree is required, 8+ years of experience in corporate communications-related roles
- Communications leadership in a large, global organization is preferred.
- Prior experience in packaging, consumer packaged goods and/or food and beverage will be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven experience managing communications with senior stakeholders
- Track record of successful event planning and execution
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of critical information
- Strong organizational skills with close attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
- Genuine desire to support colleagues across multiple departments, and ability to work effectively on a team by relating to a wide variety of personalities
- Basic graphic design, photo and video editing skills required to create internal communications content
- Corporate Communications
- Internal Communications
- Event Planning
- Press Releases