The VR team at Meta builds the VR hardware and platform to let you experience anything, anywhere, with anyone. Additionally, Meta has teams dedicated to building social experiences in VR that make it easier to spend time with your friends, wherever they are. Virtual reality's potential to connect the world is immense-and we're just getting started. VR is driving the state of the art forward with breakthrough work in computer vision, advanced optics, eye tracking, mixed reality, and new ways to map the human body.A successful candidate in this role is self-driven, passionate and enjoys delving into different areas of the stack. They have hands-on experience designing, building, debugging, and repairing complex multi-component systems. This person will take initiative and should be willing to execute consistently in an agile, fast-paced environment. Strong communications skills are key as well given we interact and work with many internal and external engineering teams, partners, architects, and product management.
Software Engineer, Infrastructure Responsibilities:
1. Drive performance measurement, analysis, and optimization across the stack to optimize resource usage in areas including power, thermal, compute, and memory.
2. Work with product and infrastructure teams to debug performance issues across the stack.
3. Develop tools and instrumentation to monitor and report product performance.
4. Build automation for performance measurement, analysis, and experimentation.
5. Participate in design reviews and code reviews.
6. 4+ years work experience in software engineering role.
7. Experience in any of C/C++, Java, Python programming languages.
8. Experience with shipping consumer products.
9. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
10. 7+ years of programming experience in C/C++, Java, or Python.
11. 7+ years experience in embedded Linux or Android, particularly in the areas of kernel, graphics, multimedia, scheduler and memory management.
12. 5+ years experience with system resource, thermal or power optimization on mobile platforms.
13. Experience with profiling and tracing tools such as Systrace, perf, eBPF, GPU profilers.
14. Experience with graphics and compute APIs such as Vulkan, OpenGL ES, OpenCL.
15. Knowledge of computer/SoC architecture.
$173,000/year to $241,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits
**Equal Opportunity:** Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineer, Infrastructure
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Programming
- Consumer Product