Responsibilities of a General Manager:
Qualifications for a General Manager:
- Champion a positive and safe work environment for all employees, customers, suppliers, and vendors.
- Responsible for the safety and security of the employees, facility, materials, and equipment, as well as identifying and implementing the appropriate training and certifications for all employees.
- Ensure all customer and SA Recycling service level agreements, expectations, quality and production standards are met.
- Responsible for compliance with all federal, state, local and SA Recycling environmental, health and safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Review and lead analyses of activities, costs, operations, sales, scheduling, forecast data and conditions to determine progress toward stated goals and objectives while ensuring effective customer relations are cultivated and maintained.
- Responsible for the profitability of the facility and improvements to gross margin by understanding processes, systems, equipment, and techniques necessary for optimum production and efficiencies; become proficient with operations and sales methods; evaluate production metrics; identify problem areas; develop resolutions; and communicate and implement solutions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, or related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Auto shredder and NF downstream experience preferred.
- 5 years of progressively responsible management experience in leading fast paced and diverse operations.
- Strong financial management skills/background with P&L responsibilities.
- Advanced organizational and problem-solving skills with a results-oriented mentality.
- Demonstrated leadership experience with the ability to communicate effectively, interact with customers and suppliers, ability to manage and motivate employees, and promote a strong company culture centered on safety and quality.
- Bi-lingual (English and Spanish) a plus.
SA Recycling offers professional growth opportunities, a competitive compensation structure and a benefits package that includes full health care coverage including dental, vision, and disability plans; a 401k with a company match; paid vacations and holidays; and continuing education and developmental programs. Salary is based upon experience.
- Customer Relationship Management
- Financial Management