To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Topeka, KS
- Corizon Health, Inc
- Phone: 314-919-9555
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Substance Abuse Counselor
Corizon Health • Topeka, KS
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Correctional Care | Committed Careers | Corizon Health
We have an exceptional opportunity for a Substance Abuse Counselor to join our healthcare team at the Kansas Juvenile Correctional Complex located in Topeka, KS.
Corizon Health is offering $10,000 in tuition reimbursement and Five weeks of paid time off for new full time employees!
Qualifications of the Corizon Health Substance Abuse Counselor
- Bachelor's degree in addictions or related field.
- Licensed in Kansas as a Clinical Addiction Counselor (LCAC), Masters Addictions Counselor (LMAC) or Addictions Counselor (LAC).
- Experience in providing services within a correctional setting is preferred.
- Subject to initial and ongoing security clearance requirements.
Responsibilities of the Corizon Health Substance Abuse Counselor
- Responsible for providing clinical services in accordance with policies and procedures of the Substance Abuse Program.
- Provides direct clinical services to the inmates of the Substance Abuse Treatment program as a "primary counselor".
- As "primary counselor", completes in a timely manner:
- Initial assessment.
- Group and individual counseling.
- Discharge summaries.
- Conducts psycho-educational modules for program participants.
- Evaluates inmates referred for substance abuse treatment services to determine the appropriate level of treatment and agency to provide required services.
- Documents inmate evaluation or program participation in accordance with program procedures.
Benefits offered to a Corizon Health Substance Abuse Counselor
- Paid Time Off
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Assistance
- 401(k) with company match
- Free online Continuing Education program
- Comprehensive Onboarding
Apply online or contact Jocelyn Lee at 800-222-8215 x9555 for more information.
Corizon Health provides patients with high quality healthcare and reentry services that will reduce recidivism and better the communities where we live and work. We are dedicated to meeting the needs of the growing number of incarcerated persons with physical and mental illness and the professionals who care for them. More healthcare professionals are finding the stability and advancement they desire at Corizon Health.
This position may require a background check, security clearance, and/or drug screening.
Corizon Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In compliance with federal and state employment opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, disability, Vietnam era veteran, or disabled Veteran status.