To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rocklin, CA 95765
- Jessica Beckmann
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Lead Technical Architect
ePlus Technology Inc. • Rocklin, CA
Posted 1 month ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
As a Lead Technical Architect for Cloud you will be responsible for planning, designing and implementing Cloud-focused infrastructure solutions for ePlus clientele.
From strategy to fulfillment to managed services, our engineering centric solutions enable our clients to realize what it means for technology to do more.
This role will own the technical customer engagement and will be located in Northern California. You will lead architectural design sessions and act as the customer technical sounding board for cloud transformation and migration initiatives. The ideal candidate will have experience working with both technical and supporting complimentary teams and will have experience leading deep technical infrastructure architecture discussions with senior customer executives to drive successful cloud deployments and workload/application migrations with the assistance/backing of a very strong team of DevOps and Cloud Engineers.
Key responsibilities of the Cloud Solution Architect include:
- Act as the key go-to lead to help clientele establish Public Cloud Foundational Designs and Builds
- Establish application migration criteria and approaches
- Migrate "wave 1 applications”
- Provide recommendations for application mapping
- Conduct suitability analysis
- For types of Workloads/Applications you will:
- Identify appropriate service models (e.g. SaaS, PaaS, IaaS)
- Identify appropriate cloud platforms (Azure or AWS)
- Identify deployment models (e.g. private, public, hybrid)
- Develop the business case to quantify cost and benefits
Overall you will help to:
- Drive the successful design, deployment, and migration of infrastructure workloads into AWS/Azure
- Provide technical guidance
- Support development of the customers' cloud initiatives
- Provide appropriate recommendations and solutions
- Establish deep relationships with key customer technical and business teammates and stakeholders.
- Partner with the extended cloud team to drive solution architecture
- Provide deep technical expertise and support
- Lead initiatives and act as the central point of contact
- Deep understanding of cloud infrastructure technologies, business drivers, emerging computing trends, design and deployment projects, and roadmap development
- Proven track record of building deep technical relationships with senior executives and leading successful cloud transformations
- Proven track record of driving decisions collaboratively, resolving conflicts and ensuring follow through with exceptional verbal and written communication
- 5+ years of architecture, design, implementation, and/or support of highly distributed applications (i.e. having an architectural sense for ensuring availability, reliability, etc.)
- 2+ years of experience in "migrating” on premise workloads to the cloud
- Deep technical experience in one or more of the following areas: Systems Operations / Management, Virtualization, IP Networking, Storage, HPC, IT Security, Linux
- Oversight experience on major transformation projects and successful transitions to implementation support teams
- Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
- Prior work experience in a Consulting/Architecture position within a software and/or services company
Education and Experience:
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in IT
- 5+ years of experience performing a Consultant or Architect role
- 4-year college degree preferred
- Multiple industry-recognized Certifications. i.e.: CCIE, VCP, NACP, CISSP