The AST’s primary responsibilities are to organize the Store Management Office, execute operational administrative functions, oversee scheduling maintenance, balance the vault and other cash functions daily, distribute reports from My Macy’s Portal to management team, facilitate the screening/hiring process, handle HR functions, and act as the HR liaison for store employees. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking URL blocked - click to apply.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, while you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times you will be assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
- High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college is desirable.
- Minimum of two years administrative experience.
- Effective written and verbal skills, ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Able to use a calculator.
- Typing minimum of 60 wpm. Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Exchange, and Lotus Notes.
- Able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Self-motivated. Excellent organizational, prioritization, and time management skills. Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team.
- Must possess a strong sense of urgency.
- Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
- Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays.
This job overview is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy’s, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job overview at any time. Macy’s is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. Macy’s, Inc. – including Macy’s and Bloomingdale’s – will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal convictions in a manner consistent with URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.