To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1 Sweet Applewood Lane
Cudahy, WI 53110
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Production Clerk-2nd shift
Smithfield Foods • Cudahy, WI
Posted 13 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Responsible for data entry of daily production paperwork to meet product/customer requirements. Provides administrative support. Gathers and interprets data collected and compiles for distribution in department meetings. Responsible for monitoring and ensuring the correct labeling of identification, tracking and scaling information on boxes of products exiting the packaging process. Ensures proper functionality of equipment utilized during scaling process.
Responsibilities and tasks are written as follows:
- Responsible for accurately creating, entering, reviewing, editing and maintaining all inputted data, including production orders and bill of materials keyed into Enterprise Resource Planning systems, resolving discrepancies as necessary.
- Creates and maintains ad hoc reports for crew leaders and supervisors.
- Assists supervisors in completing administrative tasks, including submitting vacation schedules and compiling data for department meetings.
- Monitors the scaling process ensuring equipment functionality, including performing minor maintenance to box label printers, changing labels and ribbon as needed. Ensures the accuracy of information printed on box labels.
- Performs net weight checks, completing all required forms(s) on scaled products per USDA requirements.
- Must work various shifts and hours including weekends, holidays and overtime as scheduled.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. May perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- 2+ years of data entry or administrative experience in a plant environment, preferred.
- PC skills including experience with Microsoft Office (emphasis on Excel and Word) and SAP, preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills, written and verbal.
- Strong problem solving, math, and analytical skills.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those an employee should possess to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required include close vision, distance, vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel, and talk or hear.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The majority of the time is spent in an office setting outside of the production plant. The plant environment will include wet or humid conditions (non-weather related), extreme cold and heat (non-weather related), working near moving mechanical parts, exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and chemicals.
- Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can be loud when in the production area.
Smithfield is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with disability, or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.