To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
- Ram Tool Construction Supply Co.
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Create an Account with CareerBuilder to save jobs & unlock these great features
See similar job titles and skills to help you make your next move
Upload a resume and become visible to Hiring Managers and Employers
Compare Salary Information to see where you stand amongst your peers
Easily Quick Apply to jobs with just one click!
Email Send Failed!
Accounts Receivable Customer Service Manager
Ram Tool Construction Supply • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Degree - 4 Year Degree
ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE/CUSTOMER SERVICE MANAGER - Birmingham, ALDynamic company seeks an Accounts Receivable ('AR')/Customer Service Manager to embark on a successful career at our Corporate Headquarters in Birmingham, AL. Motivated and energetic people with a sense of urgency will have the chance to join Ram Tool Construction Supply Company Co. the largest family-owned distributor of specialty commercial construction supplies in the Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, and Texas. Ram Tool has a vast product line with 90,000+ unique items to sell and over 90% of deliveries made within 24 hours.Reporting to the Director of Credit and Collections, the AR/Customer Service Manager will primarily be responsible for overseeing the application of payments received on accounts, resolution of customer deductions and respond to customer requests all with a sense of urgency. The AR/Customer Service Manager will build relationships and work with customers, the Collection Team, Branch and other Finance Department personnel. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide leadership and oversight to direct reports
- Handle all supervisory administrative functions including, but not limited to review and approve time, time-off requests, daily coverage issues and performance evaluations
- Establish work allocation for Administrative and Deduction personnel
- Perform analysis and resolution for more complex customer deduction issues
- Ensure that daily tasks are worked appropriately and in a timely manner
- Oversee the use of the BillTrust platform and ensure the desired benefits are being achieved
- Monitor backlogs and put actions in place to bring more acceptable ranges
- Ensure the team works with a sense of urgency on all requests
- Establish and deploy adequate training initiatives for both new and tenured employees
- Contribute to meeting and exceeding established Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) and other benchmarks and objectives
- Assist the Director of Credit and Collections with special projects
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business is preferred. Work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- At least 3 years of AR or equivalent business experience
- Possess solid analytical capabilities and decision making skills
- Experience in construction industry is preferred
- Ability to perform work with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to handle confidential information in discreet and professional manner
- Proficiency in Microsoft office applications
- Must have a mindset that fosters exceptional customer service
- Experience with SAP is preferred but not required
- Use of third-party cash application, billing and portal platforms is preferred
- Should be able to work independently and proactively
Job ID: req1154
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Created
Well, this is embarrassing. We are having trouble saving your search. You can try again or come back at a later time.