(Total Compensation: $135,000 - $170,000 based on experience and location)
We pride ourselves on hiring the best candidates to join the BluSky family and are passionate about our team, our culture, and our services. BluSky is seeking the most talented, driven, and professional individuals who want to grow their careers, be a part of a supportive team and have the passion to succeed.
BluSky's construction division National Superintendent is a traveling position responsible for the day-to-day management of all assigned construction projects, including but not limited to customer service and communication, vendor selection and buyout, materials procurement, scheduling, proactive safety compliance, and quality control. The National Construction Superintendent is also responsible for working closely with the Project Manager as a cohesive team and all project stakeholders throughout the process to ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Builds rapport with project stakeholders and instills confidence in your construction superintendent abilities.
* Performs all contracted scopes per Best Practices.
* Assists Project Manager to ensure all work is properly contracted/subcontracted for a completely successful project.
* Assists Project Manager in obtaining building permits and following all government guidelines for each permit and project.
* Adheres to all OSHA and Environment regulations.
* Manages site personnel and subcontractors.
* Proactively drive safety, quality, and productivity in the field for a safe, profitable project delivered on time.
* Assists the Project Manager with the buyout, submittal process, quality control, safety compliance, scheduling, and closeout.
* Ensures the highest level of customer communication and customer service.
* Ensures an exceptional customer experience.
* Ensures project work meets the highest standards of workmanship based on industry standards.
* All other duties or projects as assigned.
* Assists PM to ensure all subcontractors are working under a proper subcontract agreement, per Best Practices.
* Assists PM with review and approval/rejection of subcontractor invoices.
* Assists PM with recording and forecasting all project costs.
* Meets or improves upon revenue and profit margin goals as defined by BluSky.
* Assists PM in the creation, update, and presentation of project schedules to customer, Project Director, and VP weekly.
* Assists PM with change order tracking and budget updates.
This position leads and manages site personnel and subcontractors on assigned jobs.
QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
* 3+ years of project management experience.
* Must be able to travel in response to emergency and non-emergency losses across the nation.
* Ability to communicate effectively with clients and internal and external contacts throughout the project management process.
* Expert in trades, construction processes, and customer service.
* Strong business ethics, integrity, and ability to perform in highly autonomous environments.
* Effective writing and oral communication skills.
* Proficient computer and technology skills, with advanced knowledge of MS Office.
* Ability to communicate effectively with all project stakeholders and local officials.
* OSHA 10 or 30, CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.
* Construction of multi-family, hotel, and multi-building campus experience.
* Fluent in English and Spanish preferred.
Associates Degree or Technical Certification in Construction, Engineering, or a related field preferred, or 5+ years full-time field construction experience on $2M+ projects with sophisticated clientele preferred.
Ability to travel (including air travel) approximately 75% of the time is required.
BluSky offers a competitive base salary, a bonus plan for qualified positions, and a comprehensive benefits package that includes: a matching 401(k) plan, health insurance (medical, dental, and vision), paid time off, disability, equipment appropriate to the position (i.e., laptop, smartphone, etc.), and corporate apparel allowance.
BluSky also offers extended benefits such as Remote Work, Employee Assistance Program, Accident & Critical Illness Coverage, LegalShield, Professional Development, Paid Referral Program, and more.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL JOB DEMANDS:
The work environment characteristics described here represent those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands and fingers, reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. The employee is required to regularly move and walk around the office.
BluSky is dedicated to the principles of equal employment opportunity. BluSky prohibits unlawful discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of age 40 or over, race, sex, color, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other applicable status protected by Federal, State, or local law.
It is and will continue to be the policy of BluSky that all persons are entitled to equal employment opportunity based on their individual qualifications, performance, and potential without regard for any protected status, as required by state and federal law.
- Business Ethics
- Customer Communications Management