Public Trust: None Requisition Type: Regular
GENERAL SUMMARY: Supports multiple Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) Program Managers and Assistant Program Managers for Logistics (APMLs) in the transportation of Security Assistance and Foreign Military Sales (FMS) material. Performs all aspects of transportation coordination and support for multiple programs involving classified; hazardous and general cargo. Duties include but are not limited to: working all FMS case transportation issues for all contracted countries; originate and coordinate classified; hazardous material; and unclassified transportation plans; track outbound/inbound shipments of material to/from FMS client countries; and coordinate all aspects of Special Assignment Airlift Missions (SAAMs).
Performs other duties as required.
- Coordinates with FMS Country Representatives for weapons systems transportation support; providing planning and recommendations for each customer as needed to fulfill their Program's transportation requirements;
- Develops new systems or updates existing systems to meet client needs including program; classified; or COMSEC transportation plans;
- Researches; identifies; and recommends resources required for task execution and completion;
- Analyzes shipments of high-value; sensitive; explosive; and/or classified assets for clients; determines cost effective modes of transportation to international destinations; arranges and plans SAAM flights and coordinated channel airlift;
- Attends meetings for FMS customers subscribing to the NAVAIR Transportation Team to provide technical briefings; reports; and status on major transportation policy issues;
- Coordinates with Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs) of Significant Military Equipment and Freight Forwarders to ensure effective shipment of assets;
- Evaluates FMS customer country's transportation procedures/concepts to determine compliance with U.S. Government export/import laws and policies and recommends alternative support procedures/concepts;
- Serves as technical advisor to senior level client personnel in assigned subject areas; recommends functional changes; and identifies areas for further investigation;
- May represent NAVAIR's Director of Logistics for International Programs on international transportation issues with the U.S. Customs and Border Protection Agency of the Department of Homeland Security; Department of State; Defense Security Cooperation Agency; and Navy International Programs;
- Writes and updates project documentation including system procedures; presentations; and training materials;
- May provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts; and may have supervisory responsibilities;
- May perform business development activities;
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies and subject areas;
- Participates in special projects as required.
5 + years of international transportation and/or Foreign Military Sales (FMS) experience preferred.
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.