Vaco has been hired to recruit for an Accounting Manager for a highly innovate Company in Charlotte, North Carolina.
Keys to Success:
Detail Oriented: You are consistently accurate, have an eye for detail and would always spot an error.
Nimble Problem Solver: You proactively call out problems, while also providing recommendations and solutions. You are optimistic and say "Yes!" to finding an answer.
Team Focused: You help team members see the importance of what they are doing. You provide guidance when needed, and have a track record of developing others, providing both constructive feedback and encouragement.
Energized and Resilient: You are optimistic and display a positive attitude. You're determined and maintain composure under stress.
- Manage accounting and financial analyses in one or more function including auditing, budgeting, cost accounting, general accounting, and program cost control and scheduling.
- Reconcile general ledger accounts for more complex or key accounts, maintains supporting documentation in compliance with the company's controls. Resolve reconciling items within a reasonable timeframe and participates in balance sheet review processes. Review and approves account reconciliations that have been prepared by Accountants.
- Work with outside insurance contacts to manage renewal process and items affecting your department.
- Prepare and ensure accuracy of financial records and reports
- Collaborate among departments to share accounting data and improve efficiencies.
- Apply advanced accounting concepts, theories and principals to develop solutions to problems. Adhere to FASB guidelines and GAAP, company policies and procedures and other regulations in the performance of duties.
- Setting department and staff goals based on overall department or company goals.
- Preparation of the annual budget for assigned entities or corporate functions including all supporting documentation.
- Be a strategic player to influence the future direction of the accounting team as the company continues to grow.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance. CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of experience in accounting, budgeting, and financial management.
- Experience with leading a team of finance professionals, providing guidance, mentorship and support as needed.
- Thrives on driving innovation and change that will propel the business forward.
- Consistently practices strategic thinking and adjusts leadership style according to the demands of the situation.
- Balance Sheet
- Coaching And Mentoring
- Financial Accounting Standards Board (Fasb) Certified
- Financial Analysis