We are currently seeking a Therapeutic Center Program Manager . The position is responsible for administration and management of NY START Therapeutic In-Home Services.
In addition to center-based supports, NYSTART also offers in-home therapeutic supports. The goal of these supports are the same as that of the NYSTART center but are offered in the person's residence. In-home supports are designed to assess and stabilize an individual in his or her natural setting. This service is part of the mobile crisis capacity of NYSTART. In Home Support can be accessed in an emergency or planned way and are provided by trained counselors. In-home supports are typically used.
Essential Job Functions:
- Provide support to a person has difficulty with new environments or transitions and have rarely been away from home
- Provide immediate in-home stabilization services due to an acute need or stress
- Follow-up to center admission to assist with generalizing skills learned to the home environment
- On-site training and consultation is needed for caregivers.
- Provides active coaching and support
- Assessment, data collection and analysis
- Must be familiar with Cross Systems Plan for the individuals they serve
- Travel to and from the identified location supports will be provided
- Take all necessary documentation and materials
- Facilitate the completion of therapeutic activities outlined in the In-Home Supports Activity schedule and having a positive, attentive and therapeutic demeanor to ensure the interaction is successful
- Complete all documentation and providing to In-home team leader
- Provide de-escalation and interven
- Bachelor’s Degree obtained from an approved, accredited college/university in Counseling, Social Work, Psychology, or closely related field preferred.
- Experience in intellectual/developmental disabilities, including programming for individuals with significant behavioral needs.
- Knowledge of the MH and I/DD systems of care.
- Knowledge and ability to utilize computer word processing and data programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite, Web-based data entry, etc.
- Must demonstrate capacity to effectively communicate verbally and in written form.
Services for the UnderServed (S:US) believes every New Yorker has the right to lead a life of purpose. Since 1978, S:US has been turning this belief into reality by advocating for people with life circumstances marked by homelessness, intellectual/developmental disability, behavioral health and addiction challenges, poverty, criminal justice involvement, and trauma. Our dedicated workforce of 2,400 provides services and supports to transform the lives of 35,000 individuals and families in New York City and Long Island.