At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a global service provider, we continually seek talented individuals.
Title: Lead Inventory Materials Specialist
Position Type: Contract
Location: Houston, TX
Reports to: Inventory Materials Supervisor
The Lead Inventory Materials Specialist will support inventory management for a Worldwide supplier of large diesel engines for a Regional Warehouse located in Houston, TX. The Lead Inventory Materials Specialist will report to the Inventory Materials Supervisor and be responsible for managing a team of shipping and receiving clerks to support all aspects of inventory, warehousing, shipping, receiving, and handling of all materials. The Lead Inventory Materials Specialist will play a key role in ensuring proper inventory levels are maintained for all work-in-process jobs at the Regional Warehouse. In addition, the Lead Inventory Materials Specialist will also be responsible for engaging customers to ensure customer satisfaction remains high and to foster meaningful relationships that add value to the overall customer experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage inventory of new parts, purchasing, and stock transfers.
- Manage inventory levels by monitoring reorder points and quantities to maintain required inventory, receive and document all stock transfers as well as manage all in-house stock transfers for shop and field work.
- Responsible for order creation, booking, and order fulfillment.
- Engage customers and foster and maintain positive relationships.
- Match supplier invoices to purchase orders and relay to Accounts Payable for payment.
- Process WIP (work in process) jobs for FGI (finished goods inventory).
- Perform cycle counting and/or physical count as required to ensure physical inventory matches inventory records (i.e., ensure accurate inventory data).
- Perform the functions required to maintain the day-to-day operations of Shipping and Receiving.
- Works closely with Shop Supervisor and Service Supervisor to coordinate efforts and determine the appropriate use of personnel, ensuring Service Center production goals are met.
- Acquire and maintain strong familiarity with all safety and environmental procedures, programs, and policies.
- Working knowledge in a job shop environment.
- Proficient in prioritizing tasks and work delegation.
- Proficiency in MS Windows, MS Office Suite, including MS Word and Excel.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to work independently, with a minimum of supervision and direction.
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
- Proficiency with detail-oriented work with a proven high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Ability to become licensed forklift operator.
- Ability to lift up to 50lbs
- Standing for prolonged periods of time
- Extensive walking required
Education / Experience:
- Associates degree in business or a related field, OR equivalent experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience in warehouse shipping, receiving, and/or inventory control is preferred.
- 3+ years of Supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience with mechanical parts associated with large diesel engines is preferred
- Experience in the use of ERP systems such as Oracle and Salesforce is preferred
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
- Accounts Payable
- Attention To Detail
- Customer Experience
- Customer Satisfaction
- Enterprise Resource Planning