Our Global Customer Solutions (GCS) team acts as a trusted technical partner to our customers and works closely with the sales, solutions and delivery teams. The GCS team is comprised of Customer Solutions Architects (CSAs) that are responsible for supporting sales as technical architects engaging with our customers during the pre-sales process.
We’re looking for an experienced candidate for the CSA role working with strategic accounts in a Pre-Sales dynamic. We’re looking for senior candidates with strong professional experience working as consultants prior to joining our team. Flexibility to travel and meet customers within their assigned region, as well as members of the AWS team working with us at their offices or during various events, is a requirement for the role.
The CSA will build a professional relationship with enterprise customers, acting as their trusted advisor. The role includes aspects of business development, client management, and technical consulting. The CSA will, from time to time, assemble teams of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from the delivery teams, to deliver education to customers and demo both internal and AWS’s capabilities. Along with this will be helping the customer with decisions related to technical direction, migration and transformation initiatives.
What you'll be doing
- Develop deep professional relationships with clients and act as a trusted technical advisor for client executives.
- Act as the cloud services and technology evangelist, providing vision and inspiring customers throughout their journey.
- Educate businesses on ways cloud technologies can drive innovation, challenge traditional views and perspectives limiting organizational transformation, and provide high-level visionary and “art of the possible” consulting for executives and other high-level leaders within your assigned accounts.
- Help develop business cases and roadmaps for cloud adoption, migration, transformation and innovation initiatives, advise clients on costs and support budget planning activities.
- Write formal project proposals and statements of work that capture the customer’s requirements, propose adequate solutions that meet their business and technical objectives and estimate the effort required to execute projects aimed at specific goals and target outcomes.
- Act as the technical liaison between our customers and our internal teams during the pre-sales process.
- Partner with our practice leaders to improve our offerings by understanding the future of technology, market fit, and competition.
- Become a thought leader by educating and sharing best practices, building deep relationships with technical leaders, running customer workshops, contributing to publications, white papers, conferences, etc.
- Partner with the delivery teams to maintain knowledge of progress on active engagements and proactively manage critical issues that may create risk for the relationship with the customer and impact future growth and retention of the account
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems or Business required. A high school diploma required
- At least ONE industry certification required: Linux+, RHCSA, RHCE, MCSE, MCSA, MCITP, CCNA, OpenStack, Cloud Savvy. Top tier industry certifications highly desired: i.e. CISSP, ITIL MALC, etc. Additional Business focused and Rackspace product certifications highly desired.
- Solid understanding of cloud-native technologies broadly and proven knowledge of the AWS platform and services.
- Previous experience designing and deploying solutions in AWS.
- 7+ years of experience working in software or information technology with 2+ years of consulting experience. Experience may substitute for the degree requirement at a rate of 3 years’ experience for 1 year of education
- Ownership of client relationships at senior management level within the enterprise space.
- Capability to absorb complex technical information, analyze and effectively communicate in simple terms to leaders across different levels in an organization.
- Direct experience executing a successful business transformation projects with measurable results, technical delivery, team leadership and senior client relationship management is a huge plus.
About Rackspace Technology
We are the multicloud solutions experts. We combine our expertise with the world’s leading technologies — across applications, data and security — to deliver end-to-end solutions. We have a proven record of advising customers based on their business challenges, designing solutions that scale, building and managing those solutions, and optimizing returns into the future. Named a best place to work, year after year according to Fortune, Forbes and Glassdoor, we attract and develop world-class talent. Join us on our mission to embrace technology, empower customers and deliver the future.
More on Rackspace Technology
Though we’re all different, Rackers thrive through our connection to a central goal: to be a valued member of a winning team on an inspiring mission. We bring our whole selves to work every day. And we embrace the notion that unique perspectives fuel innovation and enable us to best serve our customers and communities around the globe. We welcome you to apply today and want you to know that we are committed to offering equal employment opportunity without regard to age, color, disability, gender reassignment or identity or expression, genetic information, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity status, military or veteran status, nationality, ethnic or national origin, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation, or any legally protected characteristic. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Microsoft Certified It Professional
Cisco Certified Network Associate
Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (Mcsa)
Red Hat Certification Programs
Comp Tia Linux+