Bonaventure Senior Living is recruiting for an elite Traveling Dining Service Manager.
We are looking for leaders who can travel extensively throughout our region to support our senior communities’ dining services departments.
Our Traveling Dining Service Managers act as lead chef, inspire the love of cooking, motivate & train culinary and dining staff members, and ensure that our dining service departments are holding true to the exceptional standards that our senior residents deserve.
This position requires extensive travel and ability to work a flexible schedule. It is an expectation of this position that a Traveler can also act as an interim cook as well as Dining Service Manager at a single community for an extended period of time.
- Prepare and serve delicious foods indicated on planned menus, using standardized portion sizes and approved substitutions.
- Daily prepare and serve high quality meals and deserts to residents; both table service and Suite services.
- Plan menus, develop / follow standardized recipes and food production schedules.
- Proactively inventory and order all menu items to meet timely delivery of items from both local and national vendors (taking advantage of fresh market rates and seasonal special events).
- Follow standardized recipes and food productions schedules.
- Demonstrate, Lead, and inspire excellent customer service to our residents.
- Manage day to day operation of the Kitchen, dining room, dining and kitchen staff and department budgets.
- Regularly visit with residents in the dining room to assure resident satisfaction.
- Ensure consistent high quality and delicious food is served.
- Competitive Salary & other compensation
- Medical & dental benefits
- Paid Vacation
- Education reimbursement
- Excellent team environment
- Ability to travel extensively throughout Washington, Oregon, and Colorado. Schedules can vary.
- High school diploma and cooking school certificate.
- Prefer 2 or more years’ experience as a food service manager.
- Prefer 2 or more years’ experience as a Chef in a commercial kitchen.
- Experienced with food preparation methods and adaptation of therapeutic diet menus.
- Have or obtain a food handlers card
- Has ability to organize and supervise dining service staff.
- Has experience working with budgets.
- Has experience in using and safely operating kitchen equipment: commercial steamer, convection oven, standard gas or electric range and grill, meat slicer, mixer / grinder, commercial dishwasher, cooking utensils, etc.
Bonaventure is a family of companies dedicated to developing and providing an exceptional senior lifestyle
. Bonaventure’s consistent success has been based upon a simple formula: engaged and satisfied residents, happy team members and fiscally responsible growth.
This formula has taken Bonaventure from the two-community company it started out as in 1999 to a portfolio of 26 architecturally refined and amenity-rich senior living communities with a focus on multi-use campuses providing retirement living assisted living and memory care. A solid sustainable growth plan allows us to continually develop and build new communities in new markets to spread the “Retirement Perfected™' lifestyle throughout the west. But we believe our greatest accomplishment is our resident satisfaction, with more than 9 out of 10 residents enthusiastically recommending us to their friends and family.
Bonaventure Senior Living achieves one of the highest resident satisfaction ratings in the industry
through a belief in the importance of choice, independence and fun for each resident, dedicated and well-trained staff members, branded activity and culinary programs and, above all, extraordinary service. We seek out and hire the most qualified personnel and enhance their capabilities with training and support that far exceeds industry standards.
Executive Chef, Chef, Dining Services, Food Services, Manager, Dietary, Nutrition, Restaurant, Menu, Creative, Senior, Elderly, Assisted Living, Independent Living, Senior Housing. AL, Alzheimer's, Assisted Living, CCRC, Communities, Continuous Care Retirement Community, Independent Living, Long Term Care, Nursing Home, Retirement Communities, Retirement Homes, Senior Housing, Senior Living, Skilled Nursing, SNF, Jobs, Careers, Openings, Opportunities, Search, Employment, Management, Management Trainee. Job Titles
: Chef, Food Services Director, Food Services Manager, Dining Manager, Dining Services Director, Dietary Manager, Dietary Services Director. Regional travel, oversight, multiple locations, Portland, Tacoma, Denver, Olympia, Salem, Oregon, Washington, Colorado.