Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 1 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, over 30,000 Hartford HealthCare colleagues come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
The creation of the HHC System Support Office recognizes the work of a large and growing group of employees whose responsibilities are continually evolving so that we and our departments now work on behalf of the system as a whole, rather than a single member organization.
With the creation of our new umbrella organization we now have our own identity with a unique payroll, benefits, performance management system, service recognition programs and other common practices across the system.Position Summary:
The Epic Business Intelligence Developer (BID) works under the direction of the Epic Reporting Manager and is responsible for the design, build and testing of operational and analytical reports based on detailed specifications.
Responsible for validating the appropriate technological solution for various reporting needs, creating new custom reports or modifying existing reports as necessary. Will serve as a primary analytics contact for customers in their supported service area.
The BID is a key member of the Epic business intelligence team and is responsible for the creation, documentation, and support of reports from Epic and other reporting databases. They work closely with customers to gather report requirements and ensure proper testing/validation. They document specifications for reports that are created and/or modified. Attention to detail is a critical skill for this position. Successful candidates enjoy helping other users learn and adopt usage of the application. They will work closely with system vendors, consultants, and technical services of any given affiliate to ensure report development, testing and implementation meet user specifications and operational needs.Position Responsibilities:
- Accountable for supporting the management of the scope, schedule, and quality of the deliverables within their respective team/area
- Assists in the development and documentation of internal policies and procedures that will be used in conjunction with the various reporting applications.
- Actively participates on weekly team meetings to discuss team and project related activities, issues, change, communications, and updates.
- Collaborates and consults as needed with team leadership and Application Directors to coordinate activities
- Collaborates with team leadership to create and maintain work plans, issues list, decision lists, risks and status reports
- Collaborates with vendor resources; plays an active role in managing the technical build, testing and migration of the system
- Communicates effectively with operational staff by translating the technical specifications of a report into non-technical language.
- Contributes to preparation of testing scripts and materials and performs unit, system, and integrated testing tasks.
- Designs and develops detailed reporting according to user needs using structured design, report writing and testing methodologies.
- Documents and maintains all required report design and configures report system accordingly.
- Documents and maintains all required system design and build documents and configures system accordingly.
- Logs, tracks, and resolves issues and changes in regards report modifications or enhancements.
- Proactively offers solutions to reporting needs by coordinating reporting efforts between departments and contributing to a coordinated enterprise-wide reporting strategy.
- Promotes a team atmosphere that is conducive to the overall accomplishment of goals, schedules, and deadlines.
- Responsible for using report development experience, database skills and skills learned through Epic training to determine the appropriate method for delivering the requested data to the customer.
- Responsible for working with users and analysts to identify departmental reporting needs and has a basic understanding of operational processes and clarifies business purpose before creating the deliverable.
- Provides for on-call support once the go-live activities commence and production support is required.
- Must attend required Epic training in Verona, WI
Qualifications - External
- Bachelor’s degree with at least five (5) years relevant experience in a challenging Information Technology, Business or related environment required.
- Experience developing operational and/or analytical reports required, preferably in a healthcare environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in SQL (essential to this role, Oracle preferred).
- Experience with report development software packages such as Crystal Reports preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in accordance with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Ability to translate complex or diverse information into simpler terms and concepts.
- Team player with the ability to collaborate with others.
The Business Intelligence Developer exhibits the following Qualities:
- Proven ability to successfully work in a matrix team environment that presents significant change and tight time-frames.
- Conducts themselves according to Hartford Healthcare values: Caring, Excellence, Safety and Integrity.
- Are well-respected within the organization and maintains a positive attitude.
- Approach problems constructively by focusing on how to move the project forward, explores and analyzes alternatives
- Proponent for change and demonstrates a continuous improvement mindset, ingenuity and innovative thinking and organizational skills.
- Strong communication and organizational skills with ability to influence others within their sub-team in addition to the broader program team, while maintaining a strong focus on achieving results.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.
Attention To Detail