PDS Tech, Inc. is seeking a CNC Machinist in Indianapolis, IN.
- Performs the following duties, and other required activities as assigned.
- Must demonstrate competencies necessary to meet business requirements.
- May perform as a member or leader of a functional and/or cross- functional team.
- Display the ability to set up, program and operate multiple 3, 4 or 5 Axis CNC Machines with multiple controller combinations, simultaneously when applicable, without guidance or training.
- Set up and operate various manual machines including vertical and horizontal mills, manual lathes, grinders, jig bores and drill presses without guidance or training.
- Assemble and repair various parts, mechanisms, tools, mechanical assembles, sub-assemblies or machines, applying advanced knowledge of machining practices, mechanics, shop mathematics and metal properties.
- Interpret required documentation such as blueprints, sketches, specifications, NC programs, detailed routings and capable of following detailed Instructions either written or oral.
- Verify conformance of work piece to specifications by inspecting dimensions and requirements using calibrated measuring instruments.
- Must be capable of holding close tolerances and fine micro finishes on a regular basis and must consistently produce parts within the established quality and cost parameters.
- Job location: 100% onsite
- A minimum of 6 years machining experience including at least 5 years’ experience setting-up, programming and operating various multi-axis CNC machines utilizing conversational and “G” code programming.
- Must possess extensive knowledge in the machinability of ferrous and non-ferrous materials as well as plastics, fiber and rubber materials and have a good working knowledge of various types of cutting tool including the ability to determine the correct speeds and feeds.
- Highly knowledgeable and experienced in machining practices, trade skills and various programming methods, above average ability to visually read and interpret blueprints and specifications, follow detailed routings, interpret geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
- Must be capable of designing and fabricating complex holding fixtures when required to aid the manufacturing process.
- Candidate should have wire EDM experience.
PDS Tech, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.
Founded in 1977, PDS Tech, Inc. is one of the nation's premier specialty staffing firms with 31 offices nationwide. We offer a full range of benefits including:
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Weekly payroll
- Immediate 401(k) eligibility
- Completion Bonuses
- Please note availability of benefits may vary by position
PDS specializes in Engineering and IT arenas including Aerospace, Defense, Electronics, Telecommunications, Automotive, and Energy just to name a few. Our reputation, track record, and years of continuous growth reflect the commitment to quality that our employees and clients experience first-hand. To find out more about PDS, please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to CNC Machinist $$$ PDS pays for referrals! $$$
- G Codes
- Drill Press
- Electrical Discharge Machining