Senior Accountant II IND - 002-004
Addison Group has a client in the North suburbs who is looking for a Sr. Accounting II to join their team. Our client is in the creative space and growing here locally. This is an excellent opportunity for individuals who have 4-6 years working as a Sr. Accountant leading all consolidated financials, complex reconciliations, heavy GAAP accounting, and accruals. This is a highly visible role that will lead various initiatives for the GL team for a particular division that is growing for a large organization. This role will pay $34-$37/hour and $70k-$78k annually depending on experience.
- Responsible for processing all accrued revenue, P&L, budgeting, forecasting, managing all financials and reporting for the company.
- Process all GL, reconciliations and research/analyze any discrepancies or irregularities
- Provides support for external audit of annual financial statement, actual vs. budget expense variances when requested
- Manage workload in tight-deadline, detail-oriented environment; highly organized. Ability to interface with all levels of the organization.
- Be part of a team that evaluates, gives recommendations, maintains and monitors the appropriate internal controls.
- Assists with the maintenance of internal control documentation
- Prepare Sarbanes Oxley documentation,perform testing and communicate results through identified channels
- Perform timely, complete and accurate reconciliations of accounting and financial records and systems within required time frames.
- Research reconciling differences and errors, and process correcting journal entries to maintain accurate financial records in a timely manner.
- Supports Accounting & Finance Managers for all accounting functions and duties, reporting and provides backup for various roles
- Identify and implement process improvements for close and the day-to-day accounting operations
- Develop and document processes and procedures in line with company policies
- 3-5 years of related work experience in an accounting environment, with experience in general ledger, month end close
- 4 year degree in Finance or Accounting with related experience required
- Strong knowledge of GAAP, complex reconciliatations
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality at all times
- Must be able to display an extremely high level of organizational skills.
- Integrity when producing, delivering and distributing information
- Must possess excellent work habits, be dependable and include a willingness to get the job done
- Capable of taking on and solving complex problems
- Advanced Excel skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
How to Apply:
Is this you? Do you qualify? What are you waiting for? Apply today by clicking the Apply Now button!
Standard Accounting Practices