To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Project Accountant II
Fairfield Residential • San Diego, CA
Posted 1 month ago
We have a new opportunity for a Project Accountant to join our Construction Accounting team. The qualified candidate must have prior construction accounting experience.
Essential Duties include:
- Validate subcontractor/supplier payment requests and work completed
- Code invoices for project costs and overhead allocations
- Coordinate with construction field personnel
- Review project budgets and construction status
- Produce timely and accurate monthly draw applications
- Monitor draw funding and resolve problems
- Verify subcontractor and supplier compliance of license, insurance, and lien release requirements
- Coordinate check runs and ensure timely payments
- Monitor preliminary notices and issue joint checks
- Prepare and track subcontractor/supplier lien releases
- Communicate project status with internal personnel
- Prepare monthly journal entries and job cost accruals
- Record project costs in all modules of the Timberline Accounting System (general ledger, job cost, project commitments, accounts receivable and accounts payable)
- Reconcile general ledger accounts and reconcile bank accounts
- Communicate and assist in handling legal issues such as mechanic liens
- Assist in audit requests
- Coordinate commitment, budget and job closeout
- Support staff in other duties as needed
- B.A. or B.S. Degree in Business is preferred
- Must be detailed, organized and customer oriented
- Effective verbal and written communication skills required
- Ability to handle multiple priorities at once and meet deadlines in a high-volume team environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel, knowledge of Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to work collaboratively with different levels of internal and external associates
- Prior construction accounting experience preferred
- Prior loan draw experience preferred
- Prior experience in utilizing construction accounting software preferred