Drop Ship Associate, Lincolnshire, IL5+ Month ContractSummary:
The Drop Ship department is part of Purchasing and is responsible for processing all orders that will be shipping from either manufacturer or distributor directly to the end user, bypassing warehouses. The team is responsible for working closely with our vendor partners and our customers in ensuring that all purchase orders are processed in a timely manner and billed correctly to. The Drop Ship Associate is a buyer on the Drop Ship team responsible for buying products for specific lines, providing product requirement guidance to Sales, and to follow through with the fulfillment of each purchase.Work Environment:
This position is indispensable to both our internal and external customers. The Drop Ship Associate processes all drop ship orders for the customers and monitors those to ensure timely delivery of product to our customers.Qualifications:
• Some college preferred
• At least 2 years of purchasing or Sales experience
• Should be able to quickly adapt to change
• Need to be able to prioritize and organize daily job requirements
• Need to be customer focused – have to be able to communicate in a professional manner with internal and external customers
• Need to pay attention to detail
• Need to be persistent in follow through
• Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.Responsibilities
• Review and analyze purchase orders for the assigned product lines
• Qualify or reject with detailed directions all purchase orders.
• Explain important internal processes to our vendor partners and Account Managers.
• Continually update the status of aging purchase orders, follow up with partners for information on scheduled shipments.
• Maintain part # information within the database, updating pricing and any additional product line instructions that need to be provided to Sales.
• Responsible for flow of information from our partners.
• Obtain the basic understanding of departmental policies and product lines to be able to correctly process drop ship purchase orders.
• Seek assistance from Senior Specialist and Supervisor to resolve more complex issues to determine next step of action.
• Work on additional projects per management’s request.
Provide Analytic Support