Supply Chain Rotational Associate
Director of Supply Chain Management (Direct Supervisor as per Assignment)
The Supply Chain Rotational
Associate is responsible for developing a broad and complete understanding of
the varied Supply Chain functions at Victaulic while contributing to specific
projects and processes. This position
includes completion of focused, beneficial projects as well as cross-training
and functional assignments in various Supply Chain roles which may include:
Strategic Sourcing, Planning, Buying, Logistics/traffic management, Supplier
Quality, Branch Operations, Production Scheduling, Capacity, and Analysis. Projects may involve the cross functional
administration of the movement of raw materials into the company, the internal
processing of materials into the finished goods and the movement of finished
goods out of the company and toward the consumer in order to improve trust and
collaboration among the supply chain partners and improve inventory visibility
and the velocity of inventory movement. Global
performance is supported through collaboration and participation on projects
with Operations and Supply Chain personnel around the world.
responsibilities will vary depending upon the current assignment. During cross-training assignments the Supply
Chain Rotational Associate is responsible for fully performing the
responsibilities contained in that specific job description.
Specific Activities which the Supply Chain
Rotational Associate may be responsible for based on their assignments include:
2. Strategic network optimization
strategic partnerships with suppliers, distributors and customers, creating
communication channels for critical information and operational improvement.
life cycle management so that new and existing products can be optimally
integrated into the supply chain and capacity management activities. 5. Coordinate
sourcing contracts and other purchasing decisions.
decisions including contracting, scheduling and planning process definition.
decisions including quantity, location and quality of inventory.
strategy including frequency, routes and contracting.
of all operations against one another and implementation of best practices
throughout the enterprise.
production and distribution planning including all nodes in the supply chain.
planning and forecasting, coordinating the demand forecast of all customers and
sharing the forecast with all suppliers.
planning including current inventory and forecast demand in collaboration with
all suppliers and receiving inventory.
operations including consumption of materials and flow of finished goods.
operations including all fulfillment activities, warehousing and transportation
promising, accounting for all constraints in the supply chain including all
suppliers, manufacturing facilities, distribution centers and other customers.
17. Participate in and lead process improvements. Identify and investigate issues and
opportunities. Find root causes develop
solutions, implement, and follow-up. These
process improvements and metric development projects are both local and global
18. Assist with other Global Supply Chain Team members’
responsibilities during absences.
19. Complete or coordinate other related projects and
analyses as assigned.
KPI’s and Performance Factors
- Data and Metric Analysis – Meaningful and relevant analysis is performed
and summarized on all project data reports and metrics. Analysis is insightful and shows good
- Supply Chain Initiatives Support - Measurable contribution to corporate targets
of Cost, On-Time Shipping Performance, and Inventory.
- Process Improvement - Development and implementation of innovative,
creative, and effective solutions.
Identification and drive for improvements in all processes.
- Process Ability – Quickly learns new procedures and
processes. Is conscientious,
motivated, and dedicated.
- Leadership Ability – Has developed leadership skills with each
rotation. Demonstrates ability to
resolve issues and work with others effectively in a leadership role.
- Minimum B.S/B.A. degree required.
2. APICS CPIM Certification desirable.
- Basic knowledge of materials planning computer systems preferred.
4. Must be responsible, reliable, and
self-motivated. Drive to learn new processes and perform at a high level is essential.
- Demonstrated ability in Process Improvement,
metric development, and problem-solving is required.
6. Strong analytical problem solving ability
- Good oral and written communication skills required with attention
to details critical.
8. Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management
- Evening and weekend communication with overseas team members
10. Travel up to 10%.
Material Requirements Planning
Continuous Improvement Process