York Technical College, a member of the South Carolina Technical and Comprehensive Education System, is a public, two-year institution of higher education that offers a variety of associate degrees, diplomas, and certificates. Through maximizing student success, the College seeks to contribute to the economic growth and development of York, Lancaster, and Chester counties and of the State.
The Director of Library Operation performs the following functions:
* Instructional Services: Provides instruction (one-on-one, group setting and online) for appropriate use of library services and available database resources. Designs comprehensive library and information literacy instruction based on information gathered from assessments, faculty feedback, student interactions, and outreach to other institutions. Embed in online classes to provide point-of-need library help and instruction as requested by faculty.
* Management & Supervision: Provides library management support to include supervision of the Library Specialist and Reference & Circulation desk staff, evaluation of programs for library services, developing reference, circulation and library loan policies and procedures. Maintains effective working relationships with inter-library loan partners.
* Programming and Outreach: Identify needs and opportunities for library engagement with campus and provides library related programming. Promote library services and develop and deliver training sessions virtually and in person to faculty and staff.
* Other Duties: Serve on college committees as assigned. Participates in activities required by the Library or the College, which relate to departmental/College goals or the College mission, and performs other duties as assigned.
Minimum and Additional Requirements
Master's degree in library science or in a related field such as learning resources or information technology and at least two years related work experience. A degree from an ALA accredited institution strongly preferred.
Applicants indicating degree(s) on the application are required to provide unofficial copies of transcripts in the application process and official transcript upon hire.
- Information Technology
- Library Services (Library Law)
- Economic Growth
- Library Science