Technical SpecialistEngineer. A recognized expert in one or more specialties within the TransportationTesting Services organization. Provides expert consultation for customersrelated to regulatory issues, testing services and /or customer design issues. Workson advanced, complex technical projects requiring state of the art technical orindustry knowledge. Recommends improvements to testing procedures, customerproduct designs, achieving costs, timing and/or quality requirements. JOB FUNCTIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides expert consultation for customers related to regulatoryissues, testing services and /or customer design issues
- Identifies applications of functional knowledge and existingmethodologies to complex problems.
- Resolves highly complex technical issues and conducts advancedresearch.
- Serves as a technical expert on industry or regulatory committees.
- Interprets internal or external issues / unique clients’ requests andrecommends solutions/best practices.
- Analyses customer product specifications and applicable EMEA, NAFTAand/or APAC regulations for their area of expertise.
- Defines the product functional analysis (based on standard) totranslate customer specifications and internal requirements into clear productperformance criteria.
- Works to improve the performance and efficiency of existing testingpractices and procedures.
- Coordinates with engineering team(s) and Technicians in developingengineering designs.
- Provides technical support to the engineering team in advancedcomplexity technical testing projects
- Provides a leadership role for the work group through knowledge in thearea of specialization.
- Ensures collaborative relationship with clients, engineering team(s)and Technicians.
- Writes reports and presents progress at project meetings and toclients.
- Speaks on behalf of SGS at seminars, industry committees andconferences.
- Achieves goals within budget.
- Conducts benchmarking studies to determine best practices/designs andfuture trends. Implements best practices in developing technical solutions.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Assists the business development team through industry contacts andconsulation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Supervises others: No
- Has hiring and terminating responsibilities: No
- Number of employees directly reporting to this job: 0 SupervisoryEmployees, 0 Non-Supervisory Employees
- Describe further detailsas necessary, such as indirect responsibility for others.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering and 10 years of experience
- Doctorate (PhD) degree in Engineering and 5 years of experience
- Extensive experience applying state of the art technical and/orindustry knowledge for the design, development and implementation of technicalproducts, systems and components
LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS
- Outlined above education and experience in Testing Services.
Describe any licenses orcertifications that are either required or helpful for performing the job.Designate when required. KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / ABILITIES
- Language Skills: English – Advanced level of proficiency required
- Mathematical Skills: Highest level of knowledge required
- Reasoning Skills/Abilities: Highest level required
- Computer Skills: IntermediateMicrosoft Skills; Data acquisition and / or analytic skills
- Has extensive engineering knowledge and is considered an expert in oneor more engineering specialties
- Possesses state of the art technical and/orindustry knowledge
- Ability to solve complex problems
- Ability to take a broad perspective to identify solutions
- Ability to work autonomously
- List other knowledge/skills or abilities required/preferred forperforming the job.
EQUIPMENT PHYSICAL DEMANDS OF THE JOB Physical/Sensory Demands Frequency Requirements:
- No travel required. / Travels up to 10% of time. Some travel might beinternational.
- Provide further detailsas needed
Product Quality Assurance