Current Compassus Colleagues: Please apply via Workday.
“I am inspired by the ability to truly tailor the care I provide to each and every unique patient and family…Being able to provide what patients need in the moment they need it is the best part of working in hospice.”
-Laura, Registered Nurse
As a Compassus nurse, you have the autonomy to utilize your nursing skills. You are invited into patients’ homes and lives during trying times and have the honor to become a trusted face. For many of our team members, this is more than a career— it’s a calling.
Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Join our team today as a Registered Nurse Case Manager to positively impact the experiences of patients and families.
As an RNCM, you will work as a hospice field nurse and as a member of the Inter-Disciplinary Team to provide both routine and emergency assessments as well as educational and evaluative services to meet the needs of our patients and their families. You will help the patient and family maintain their maximum level of comfort and coping, flex your schedule to meet agency-staffing needs, and provide after-hours emergency support to the patient and family.
- Coordinate clinical, psycho-social and spiritual services as indicated by Plan of Care through case management
- Provide physical and emotional intensive care to support the patient and family in periods of crisis
- Collaborate with the Inter-Disciplinary Team to coordinate hospice care for the patient and family to ensure appropriateness, continuity, and quality of care
- Explain hospice services and Medicare benefits to patients and families
- Oversee the care given by Licensed Practical Nurses and Hospices Aides
- Strong leadership and organizational skills required
- Effective communication and compassionate interpersonal skills
- High sense of integrity, which includes maintaining confidential information
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
Education and/or Experience
Registered Nurse with a current nursing license in state of employment. Minimum one year nursing practice or equivalent experience preferred. Hospice, Oncology, or Home Health and/or long-term care preferred.
- Louisiana: Two years full time experience as a Registered Nurse or two years clinical in hospice.
Certifications, Licenses and Registrations
Registered Nursing License in state of employment. Must have a valid driver's license and auto liability insurance.
Long Term Care