Design Group operates from more than 45 offices in the United States and India, providing engineering, consulting and technical services for the world’s leading companies in the food and beverage, life sciences, advanced technology, industrial and other market sectors. Our nearly 1,500 technical and engineering experts have direct industry experience in industrial automation, control system integration, facility and process engineering, architecture, construction management, regulatory compliance, enterprise technology and other consulting services.
Barry-Wehmiller is a diversified global supplier of engineering consulting and manufacturing technology for the packaging, corrugating, sheeting and paper-converting industries. By blending people-centric leadership with disciplined operational strategies and purpose-driven growth, Barry-Wehmiller has become a $3 billion organization with nearly 12,000 team members united by a common belief: to use the power of business to build a better world.
The Director, Life Science Engineering will be responsible for leveraging their past professional experiences, along with Design Group’s engineering offering to expand our presence in the above Life Science market sectors. The Director will lead a multi-disciplinary team in the design and execution of pharmaceutical, biotech and medical device manufacturing projects for our clients. We seek a passionate, high achieving professional who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative, entrepreneurial environment. A leader, mentor, coach with infectious enthusiasm who lifts others to his/her level and exhibits uncompromising dedication to client welfare. A subject matter expert who fully understands Life Science operations and can work with Clients to develop diverse solutions to their problems. They also need to meet client needs and guide them in industry leading best practices for complex projects that require the integration of architecture, regulatory compliance, essential process engineering, and mechanical, electrical, and plumbing (MEP) engineering. Actively be involved in the Execution and leading of all phases of design which includes feasibility studies, planning, concept development, scope, detailed design, and construction documentation.
- Lead with an uplifting entrepreneurial spirit
- Inspire excellence in all aspects of performance and project execution
- Display enthusiasm and excitement for client projects that lifts project teams to high levels of job satisfaction
- Consistently seek new value-add opportunities for clients and Design Group
- Meet with clients to define the program requirements based on an understanding of the client's production process flow and space environmental needs derived from meetings with the client and the review of any documentation provided by the client
- Assess the requirements of a project, break a project into tasks, and work with a Project Manager to determine scope of work, budget and staffing
- Communicate and interact directly with clients in a collaborative and professional manner
- Create integrated solutions and communicate key concepts to the client
- Develop the base plan and coordinate technical requirements with engineering disciplines
- Understand and develop design intent based on client objectives and provide excellent client service
- Research material options to deliver an optimal solution for the client when required by project scope
- Assign and review work of project design team. Check progress of work and alert Project Manager to change of scope or additional services.
- Coordinate all aspects of project document completion within company and externally with clients and other design professionals. Proficient written and oral communications skills.
- Prepare or review construction budgets based on experience and scope of project.
- Assist in the education and development of the team and act as resource for design questions.
- Innovate and improve design and service delivery method and processes
- Build and sustain long term client and internal relationships
- Participate actively in relevant industry organization events and conferences
- 15 years of Life Science operational & engineering experience in the pharmaceutical, biotech or medical device sectors
- Demonstrated experience leading successful conceptual design efforts. Experience with aseptic processes, large and small molecule products, solid dosage, or medical devices preferred
- Demonstrated client development experience and excellent presentation skills
- Experience in programming, design, and qualification of biotechnology, pharmaceutical or medical device facilities ranging from clinical to full-scale production plants
- Experience in cGMP manufacturing design, including process technology evaluation, capacity analysis, cGMP environmental classification, and operational analysis
- Knowledge of production capacity modeling and assessment, manufacturing flow analysis, manufacturing flow diagrams, and process logic diagrams
- Knowledge of Validation, Commissioning and Quality programs as they relate to project and manufacturing requirements
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multi-task on simultaneous projects
- Travel as required for client development and project execution
- Engineering Degree Required
At Barry-Wehmiller we recognize that people come with a wealth of experience and talent beyond just the technical requirements of a job. If your experience is close to what you see listed here, please still consider applying. We know that our differences often can bring about innovation, excellence and meaningful work—therefore, people from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply to our positions. Please let us know if you require reasonable accommodations during the interview process.
Barry-Wehmiller is an equal opportunity employer. M/F/D/V This organization uses E-Verify.
Applicants may be subject to pre-employment screening which may include drug screening, reference checks, employment verifications, background screening and/or skills assessments.
Design Group US Inc
Coaching And Mentoring