1. Develops and maintains excellent working relationships with Cedars-Sinai Clinical Departments you support. Serves as liaison between Physician Billing Services, Patients and Clinical Departments in the coordination of billing and reimbursement. Serves as a resource for information on billing feedback.
2. Make recommendations for improved operational processes so that billing information is received from client groups in a timely and accurate manner.
3. Utilizes computerized equipment to receive various medical reports.
4. Maintain current CPT and ICD-10 knowledge of assigned areas so that coding remains current.
5. May input some charges into Epic Billing and Accounts Receivable system.
6. Verifies some insurance eligibility Make appropriate adjustments to respective patient's accounts. When applicable, accept patient payments.
7. Works as a billing liaison between the patient and office.
8. Assists with identification and development of appropriate coding for new services and procedures provided by clinicians.
9. Identifies coding deficiencies with review of medical records and financial accounts and recommended corrective action to improve third-party reimbursement and minimize audit liability.
10. Coordinates the review of medical records and financial accounts with coding department and providers to maximize reimbursement for procedures performed.
11. Keeps apprised of rules and regulations affecting coding and reimbursement through appropriate Resources.
12. Attends meetings and participates in group problem solving.
13. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
High School graduate or GED required.
CPC certification preferred.
Five (5) years experience in an professional surgical billing setting with knowledge of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10 CM coding systems. Knowledge of physician billing practices for a non-par/cash practice along with third party reimbursement guidelines and adjudication systems. Prior experience in Plastic Surgery billing a plus. Must be a self starter, possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to provide top notch customer service. Prior Epic experience also a plus.
Medical Billing And Coding
Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator