Kforce has a client in search of a Tax Accountant in Cincinnati, Ohio (OH).
This position is responsible for preparation of federal, state and local income, sales, use, property and miscellaneous taxes. The position is also responsible for preparation of tax accounting workpapers, account reconciliations, effective tax rate analysis and provision to return adjustments.
- 30% - Preparation of Federal, state and local income tax compliance including analysis and calculation of book to tax differences
- 25% - Preparation of tax accounting workpapers including account reconciliations with analysis and resolution of discrepancies
- 20% - Preparation of property tax returns including the reconciliation of book fixed asset records to tax basis
- 15% - Special projects including, but not limiting to, preparation of fixed asset basis buildup, researching various tax issues and resolution of tax notices with taxing authorities
- 10% - Review sales and use tax returns and other state and local tax filings
- Four years of college resulting in a Bachelor's degree specializing in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or equivalent experience preferred
- 0 to 3 years of experience
- Public Accounting experience or equivalent industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of federal, state, local and property tax compliance preferred
- Knowledge of fixed asset management (tax basis) preferred
- Knowledge of ASC 740 preferred
- Advanced computer skills including Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, Corptax, OneSource highly preferred
- Demonstrated skills in communicating orally and in writing with all levels of management
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to seek out and suggest alternative procedures to meet objectives and strict deadline
- Ability to exercise judgment
Kforce is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.