Accelerate Your Career
Drive global technology
With more than $2 billion in revenues, CDK Global is a leading global provider of integrated information technology and digital marketing solutions to the automotive retail and adjacent industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end automotive commerce, CDK provides solutions to dealers in more than 100 countries around the world, serving approximately 28,000 retail locations and most automotive manufacturers. CDK Global solutions automate and integrate critical processes from pre-sale targeted advertising to the sale, financing, insurance, parts supply, repair and maintenance of vehicles, with an increasing focus on utilizing data analytics and predictive intelligence.
We’re large enough to make a difference but small enough for your voice to be heard. This means that we are an organization where every person matters. You can make an impact on the success of our business and that of our customers regardless of what career you decide to pursue.
From data scientists to sales and client service experts, we’re hiring to support your growth and ours - Green light your career.
This is a great time to join CDK Global with highly motivated teams to build industry changing platform for the automotive industry. Fortellis Automotive Commerce Exchange™ platform, a technology engine that enables seamless connections and greater collaboration to occur among everyone involved in serving automobile consumers, such as dealers, manufacturers, software developers, lenders and data providers.
Fortellis is growing and expanding. We are looking for a Director of DevOps & Release. This person will work closely with multiple teams to create and define DevOps process, streamline the release train, enable operation consistency, enforce quality and standards across the platform. This is a hands-on, results oriented leadership position with innovation and execution mindset. The successful candidate will be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and leading the day-to-day development and operation efforts as well as creating and executing the strategic technology vision. This position may require certain amount of travel.
This position is based on Austin, TX, Portland, OR, or San Jose, CA
Responsibilities includes but not limited to:
- Lead the function team of DevOps engineers, quality and performance engineers, release management and SRE team members in the Fortellis team.
- Lead one or more agile scrum teams in a matrix structure to ensure cross functional delivery.
- Assign and monitor work of technical personnel, ensuring that application development and deployment is done in the best possible way, and implement quality control and review systems throughout the development and deployment processes.
- Set up strategy on quality, automation, infrastructure, monitoring, SRE. Help automate and streamline our operations and process.
- Work collaboratively with software engineering managers to deploy and operate our system
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our dev, test and production environment.
- Display technical leadership and oversight of implementation and deployment planning, system integration, quality assurance, delivery, operations, and sustainability of technical solutions
- Evaluate technological choices (network/hardware related and technology/code related) by querying providers and providing evaluations of each solution include ROI evaluations in the present and future implications, limitations, and opportunities
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of developers, product owners, and subject matter experts
- Possess expert technical understanding of the intersection of development and operations (DevOps), monitoring and management tools, and deployment processes and tools
- Resolve conflicts by demonstrating leadership and appropriate decision-making competencies
- Share knowledge, mentor, and educate the teams regarding DevOps, automation and our technological challenges.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Bachelr’s Degree in Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience. 8-10 years of related work experience.
- 5+ years f DevOps manager or related experience with gradually increasing responsibilities and a demonstrated understanding of DevOps and technical quality control processes, artifacts and tools
- 3+ years f experience in managing quality, performance testing teams as well as operation support
- An ability t drive to big picture goals and milestones while valuing and maintaining a strong attention to detail
- An ability t quickly identify and drive to the optimal solution when presented with a series of constraints
- Demnstrated ability in people management, strategic planning, risk management, change management, and project management. A track record as a coach, mentor, and developer of talent
- Excellent judgment, analytical thinking, and prblem-solving skills
- Strng cross-functional collaboration skills, relationship building skills, and ability to achieve results without direct reporting relationships
- Strng sense of personal responsibility and accountability for delivering high quality work, both personally and at a team level
- Experience and understanding hw distributed agile development team works and to be able to coordinate with multiple teams
- Experience in DevOp prcess evolution, especially DevOps with AWS is a plus
- Experience with sme of the following technologies is a plus: Ansible, Chef, NewRelic, AppDynamics, JMeter, Selenium, Python, CloudWatch, Container development, Continuous Deployment, AB Testing, Splunk, Data lake, Data Warehouse.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.