ECS is seeking a Technical Implementation Architect - Big Data (Intermediate) to work in our Fairfax, VA office.
- Technical Implementation Architect for an enterprise big data and analytics platform that utilizes emerging technology to ingest data in real-time at extreme volumes and high velocity; Able to analyze business requirements and define technical solution, build level-of-effort, and implementation timeline in an extremely fast-paced Agile/rapid solution development lifecycle.
- Work with product owners across several high priority and concurrent efforts; Work with senior enterprise architects and functional architects to translate business requirements to a detailed technical solution and design, build level-of-effort estimates, and implementation timeline in an extremely fast-paced Agile/rapid solution development lifecycle
- Coordinate with interfacing applications to define integration approach and data specifications
- Drive development approach, review development work products to verify accuracy and alignment with expected results and USPS secure coding standards, coordinate deployment and production validation activities.
- Hands-on role requiring architect to code key components and frameworks to accelerate development
- Oversee sprint team members, track milestones for completion, verify SOPs and QA processes are followed, escalate risks, and provide regular status to USPS product owners
- Must be a US Citizen or Green Card holder
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree in a related field
- 6+ years of diverse architecture and development experience - data architecture, web architecture and integration architecture
- 3+ years of big data implementation experience with Cassandra, Hadoop or other similar NoSQL platforms, and open source technologies Spark and Kafka
- 3+ years of implementation experience with integrating big data platforms with custom and COTS BI/reporting platforms to produce highly responsive data visualizations
- Java Programming Language
- Database design and modeling - logical and physical
- Ability to provide inputs to size infrastructure needs for new solutions (storage, memory, compute, memory)
- Performance tuning - table partitioning and indexing, process threading
- Agile development methodology
- Detail oriented with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective communicator (both verbal & written)
- Implementation experience with Microservices and Containerization
- Implementation experience within a hybrid environment - onprem and cloud
- Postal or mailing industry experience
- Python or Scala Programming Language
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.