To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chesapeake, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Apex Systems • Chesapeake, VA
Posted 12 days ago
If interested, please send resume to Andie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contract to Hire
Compensation Analysts apply their skills and experience to perform federal compensation processing activities and ensure accurate processing and calculation of Compensation information as well as provide timely and accurate Compensation execution.
- Processing wage garnishments in accordance with applicable law and regulation;
- Calculating, processing and tracking separated employee’s debt and overpayment collections;
- Processing manual check adjustments to include reversed checks, overpayments, death claims, and relocation payments;
- Calculating, processing, and paying lump sum manual payments;
- Preparing and submitting assigned state/local tax deposits, coupons, returns and reconciliations in accordance with the state taxation regulations. Resolving state/local taxes issues. Completing tax vouchers and updating reconciliation spreadsheets. Monitoring tax compliance with employee tax data;
- Processing union dues, allowances, allotments, student loan repayment;
- Managing leave programs as well as military buyback and leave buyback for OWCP;
- Monitoring Time & Attendance and compensation execution to avoid no-pay situations;
- Providing technical information and problem resolution;
- Processing and/or reviewing compensation data entries into HRIS to include, federal, state, local tax forms, direct deposit changes, allotment forms, and voluntary deduction authorizations;
- Reviewing employee time & attendance data to resolve various leave administration issues such as (military hours, LWOP hours, retro pay and deduction adjustments per pay period)
- 2-4 years of work experience
- Experience utilizing HR system(s)
- Customer service focus
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Prior payroll experience
- Attention to detail
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Shared Services experience
Will need to travel to Washington, DC to obtain a laptop within the first couple months
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178