To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
162 Corporate Drive
Portsmouth, NH 03801
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Automated Test Engineer 2
Teledyne Technologies • Portsmouth, NH
Posted 7 days ago
Teledyne DGO designs connection systems that transmit signals, data or power through challenging media, such as subsea oil wells; and through pressure barriers, such as the hull of a submarine. Because the cost of failure is so high, Teledyne DGO designs and manufactures its products to deliver total reliability. We engineer and manufacture our products as if lives and fortunes depended on them. Because they do.
Teledyne DGO offers our employees an excellent benefit package including:
- Medical & Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accident Insurance
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Voluntary Short & Long Term Disability
- 401(K) Plan
- Flexible Health & Dependent Spending Accounts
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Vacations & Sick Time
- College Tuition Reimbursements
Teledyne DGO is a fast growing division of Teledyne Technologies and is looking to add highly motivated and skilled individuals to our team. Teledyne DGO is dedicated to providing an environment that fosters excellence in teamwork, and includes every Employee, Supplier, Business Partner and Customer as a valued member of our team. Our employees are treated with respect, professionalism and the opportunity for career advancement in a safe work environment.Position Summary and Responsibilities
This position will be responsible for building engineering prototype assemblies and execution of Qualification Test Plans for environmental conditioning of products prior to engineering release.
1) This person must be able to interface technically with engineering and manufacturing development team to provide prototype builds.
2) This position will be responsible for maintaining, debugging of existing Labview Programs as well as generating new VI's as required for new testing requirements. In addition this position will be involved with the development of design validation plans, test readiness plans, test setups and testing (electrical, optics, pressure and ESS) of multiple projects. The candidate will be responsible for programming and using electrical, optical, thermal, vibration and pressure test setups as well as validating results in the form of charts.
3) This person must be knowledgeable with design practices, expedited prototyping, and detailed follow-through for test readiness. This person must be able to interface technically with engineering and manufacturing development team to verify test plans to meet scope of work and to provide results of testing. This person must be knowledgeable with design practices, expedited prototyping, and detailed follow-through for test readiness. Additionally, this person must possess strong engineering, assembly, fabrication, and organizational skills to deliver excellent results with expedited schedules.
Additional skill sets:
- Assist in 1st article prototype builds.
- Fabricate and modify parts as required; hands-on approach
- Solid working knowledge of testing cable assemblies
- Maintain and troubleshoot test equipment (electrical testers, thermal chambers, vibration beds, pressure setups, etc.)
- Solid working knowledge of Mechanical, electrical and environmental testing.
- Review of customer specifications, new product CAD models, Bills of Materials and develop draft test instruction to meet project scope of work.
- Understand the process of ordering, expediting, and tracking of material including any tooling or setup necessary to complete testing.
- Capable of working from Engineering SolidWorks model and drawings.
- Work to project specific test plans and internal work instruction.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision or guidance.
- Maintain, troubleshoot and develop automation setups in LabView as required to support test requirements.
- Provide organized communication and status of testing to Engineering and other departments as needed.
- Document: results of testing via charts and reports, opportunities for improvement, and manage an action register for issue resolution.
- Continuous improvement of testing to increase the integrity of product validation.
- 10-20% travel may be required.
Minimum 2 year technical degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical and/or Electrical disciplines. BS preferred.
- 7 - 10 years of experience in New Product Development, Prototyping experience a plus
- Solid knowledge and experience building complex cable assemblies a plus.
- Solid working knowledge of fiber optics and RF required.
- Solid knowledge of mold fabrication and molding a plus.
- Experience with electrical, Fiber optic and coax terminations.
- Experience with electrical and optic testing required. RF testing a plus. Environmental and pressure testing will be required.
- Excellent organization and time management skills are a must.
- Experience with design and drawing of jigs/fixtures to developed 1st time builds.
- Ability to read, interpret and implement mechanical drawings and electrical schematics.
- Experience with Manufacturing BOMs and MRP systems required.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to forecast completion dates and willingness to meet the dates.
- Skilled with product assembly and hands-on fabrication of parts, using a variety of hand and power tools.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must (English required).
- Ability to open, manipulate, and interpret 3D CAD models (Solid Works preferred).
- Must be able to differentiate between standard colors.
- Solid working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
- Technical writing skills a must.
- Review of drawings, specifications & other technical documents required to understand the scope of work of the prototype build and create test readiness plans and test outlines.
- Coordination and successful build of prototype.
- Implement, troubleshoot test setups. Perform testing. Programming of controllers and LabView. Charting data.
- Housekeeping and maintenance of equipment
- Must be able to pass drug screening, eye and physical exam prior to start.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs. and stand for long durations of time.
- Must present and interact in a professional manor.
- Must be reliable, have a solid work ethic, ability to work under pressure and be flexible in working outside the normal working hours on occasion.
- Must be able to work in a safe manor and comply with all company safety guidelines
- Must be able keep work area clean
Tools/Software and Equipment:
- Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Suite.
- Working knowledge of Sold Works
- Ability to use an Oscilloscope to troubleshoot issues as required.
- Knowledge of and ability to use Interferometer to aid in build and troubleshooting of issues as required.
- Ability to polish and terminate fibers using appropriate tools.
- Ability to detail and perform electrical terminations (solder, crimp, shield termination, etc.) and critical details.
- ERP overview.
- Six Sigma knowledge.
- Knowledge of Quality and HSE standards and systems.