To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Tucson, AZ 85726
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
5216 - Internal Auditor II - Finance Department
PIMA COUNTY GOVERNMENT • Tucson, AZ
Posted 19 days ago
5216 – Internal Auditor II – Finance Department
(Job# 2019 - 00341)
Salary Range: $58,884.80 Annually
This position is in the Finance and Risk Management Department.
Salary Grade: 60
This position is located in the Revenue Management and Audit Division of the Finance and Risk Management Department. The successful candidate will be responsible for evaluating and documenting the internal controls and process for all County departments by examining their compliance with relevant laws, regulations, contracts, grant and bond requirements and analyzing financial data. Additionally, the successful candidate will be responsible for documenting the internal controls for computer software used by the County departments. The individual will perform their work independently or as a member of an audit team. As an Internal Auditor II, the successful candidate is expected to provide guidance, lead audit teams and assist in the training of those assigned to the Internal Auditor I and Internal Audit - intern positions.
Proof of education will be required at time of interview.
Position Description: This classification, used exclusively by the Central Finance Department, determines the effectiveness of departmental activities and functions by examining compliance with relevant laws, rules, regulations, contracts, grant and bond requirements and analyzing financial data, control systems, computer applications and contract administration. This classification is distinguished from the Internal Auditor I classification by its lead role in developing and conducting internal audits and determining specific compliance requirements.
(Work assignments may vary depending on the department's needs and will be communicated to the applicant or incumbent by the supervisor.)
Develops audit plans and gathers and analyzes financial data;
Develops, prepares and submits audit reports to include observations and recommendations;
Assesses risk while planning and performing audits;
Interprets and applies county policies and procedures;
Determines if an organization has adhered to specific compliance requirements and reports observations and recommendations to appropriate management;
Determines if internal control structures/processes are designed and implemented to achieve control objectives, and identifies areas requiring management attention;
Conducts independent assessments of departmental activities or functions in order to improve accountability and facilitate decision-making by responsible parties;
Determines whether a department is acquiring, protecting and using its resources in compliance with relevant laws, rules and regulations related to economy and efficiency;
Maintains security and confidentiality of information encountered or created in the course of assigned duties;
Conducts interviews of clients or other county employees to develop additional information to enhance analyses of critical information;
Performs automated system reviews to determine whether adequate internal controls exist and identifies areas requiring management's attention;
May supervise professional, paraprofessional and/or support staff assisting in the performance of audits and subsequent analyses.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- principles and techniques for data-collection, audit methods, report writing and data analyses;
- principles and techniques of public-sector financial management and governmental accounting, to include Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP);
- principles and techniques of advanced mathematics and statistical analyses;
- organization and functional areas and responsibilities of Pima County Government departments and agencies;
- laws, rules, regulations and guidance for the administration of contracts, grants and bonds;
- county financial reporting systems and relevant computer-based resources for the management and reporting of critical financial information;
- principles and techniques of effective interviewing.
- developing, implementing and documenting complex audit activities;
- documenting work processes and control procedures;
- collecting and analyzing diverse and complex financial and operational data from manual and computer-based records and resources to determine compliance with standards;
- interviewing clients and other county staff to develop additional information to enhance analyses of critical information;
- writing complex analytical reports with adequate supporting materials for management consideration;
- use of computer-based resources to collect, analyze and report data, findings and recommendations;
- balancing multiple assignments and priorities in a time-/cost-effective manner.
A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in accounting, finance, public or business administration or a closely related field as defined by the appointing authority at the time of recruitment and;
(1) Two years of experience performing internal audits plus current certification in at least one of the following areas: Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA). (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may be substituted for one year of the required experience.)
(2) Three years auditing experience such as experience performing financial, performance or compliance audits, internal audits, quality assurance, program evaluations and contract monitoring. (A Master's degree from an accredited college or university in one of the cited disciplines may be substituted for one year of the required experience.)
(3) One year with Pima County as an Internal Auditor I - Finance Department.
Qualifying education and experience must be clearly documented in the "Education" and "Work Experience" sections of the application. Do not substitute a resume for your application or write "see resume" on your application.
Preferred Qualifications: (Be specific in describing your experience in your application. Ensure the descriptions provided illustrate your competencies, specifically addressing the required and preferred qualifications.):
- Experience, within the last three (3) years, in data mining and analysis, using Microsoft Access, Excel and SQL.
- Experience identifying, evaluating and documenting internal controls related to business functions and computer systems.
- Experience, within the last three (3)years, developing work papers, writing observations and recommendations, and writing audit reports.
- Experience, within the last three (3) years, using Audit Management Software.
Pima County Human Resources Department reserves the right to admit to the selection process only those candidates that meet the minimum/desired qualifications. All applications will be assessed based on an evaluation of the listed education and experience. Candidates meeting the minimum/desired qualifications may be further evaluated/scored against any advertised Preferred Qualifications. The hiring authority will interview and select the successful candidate from a referral list provided by Human Resources. Additional assessments/testing may be required as part of the selection process.
Licenses and Certificates: Some positions require a valid Arizona Class D driver license at the time of application or prior to completion of initial/promotional probation. Some positions may require certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in the State of Arizona, Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA), Certified Management Accountant (CMA) either at the time of appointment or upon completion of initial/promotional probation, as determined by the appointing authority. Failure to obtain/maintain the required licensure/certification/registration shall be grounds for termination.
Special Notice Items: Some positions may require satisfactory completion of a personal background investigation conducted by Courts or law enforcement agencies, due to the need for access to sensitive and confidential internal documentation, files, computer-based records and communications systems.
Physical/Sensory Requirements: Physical and sensory abilities will be determined by position.
CLOSING DATE: Friday, April 12, 2019 11:59 PM
When applying to this position, please note the Job Number is 2019 - 00341.