Who We Are:
The engine certification team within SwRI's Powertrain Engineering Division provides engine certification services for medium- and heavy-duty engines for on-highway, nonroad, marine, and various other engine types.
Objectives of this Role:
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
- Verify engines meet criteria pollutant and greenhouse gas standards per various global standards.
- Interface directly with the world’s leading transportation companies including engine and vehicle OEM's and major component suppliers.
- Provides engineering expertise to evening shift (4pm to 12am) operations.
- Work daily with a team of experienced engineers and project managers to assist in engine and emissions testing, data acquisition, and analysis of results.
- Create reports (both PowerPoint and Word) summarizing assigned tasks and data collected.
- Operate heavy-duty part 1065 test cells with raw and dilute emissions measurements.
- Work daily with the laboratory technical staff for support of test stands.
- Be the interface to relay senior engineer requirements to the proper support staff.
- Use hands-on experience to troubleshoot engine, powertrain and test cell controls and mechanical malfunctions.
- Primary working hours will be 4 p.m. to 12 a.m.
Job Locations: San Antonio, Texas
- Requires a Bachelors with a 3.00 GPA in Mechanical Engineering or Automotive Engineering
- Shift work required
- 0-5 years: Must have skills in testing engines in accordance with the US Code of Federal Regulations Part 1065
- Have strong interest in areas such as transportation, future automotive technology, and engines/powertrains, as demonstrated through course selection or student projects
- Must have exposure to using engine control software such as INCA, ATI Vision, CALTERM, Canape, dSpace
- Experience or an interest in engine rebuilding, engine electronics, and/or engine control systems
- Experience with diesel engines, vehicles or electric motors and machines
- Must have skills in the full suite of Microsoft products including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Skills in engineering software such as Labview, Matlab, Simulink, Python, or related
- A valid/clear driver's license is required
For more information about this division, visit the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ENGINE CERTIFICATION home page.
For benefits information at our San Antonio location, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ENGINE CERTIFICATION.
For benefits information at all other locations, click [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to ENGINEER - RESEARCH ENGINEER - ENGINE CERTIFICATION.
An Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Disabled/Veteran
Committed to Diversity in the Workplace
- D Space
- Lab View
- Ca Nape
- Diesel Engines