To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Benefits Customer Service Representative
Apex Systems • San Diego, CA
Posted 25 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Apex Systems, 2nd largest staffing firm, has multiple openings for Customer Service Representatives for one of our Fortune 500 clients in the San Diego, CA area.
**For immediate consideration please send an updated copy of your resume to Bianca at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Title: Benefits Customer Service Representative
Hours: Monday-Friday 6am-6pm (around 8 hour shift must be able to work within this time frame)
Pay: $16.25/hr OR $16.75/hr for bilingual
The Benefit Customer Service Representative provides customer service support for client pension and/or health and welfare plans using web-based systems for tracking, information gathering and troubleshooting issues.
Provide a high level of customer service support when handling customers’ questions/complaints in respect to defined benefit pension and/or health and welfare plans.
• Quickly build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner by identifying and exceeding expectations (responding in a respectful, accurate, timely manner, consistently meeting commitments)
• Demonstrate flexibility to customize customer service approach to meet all types of member communication styles and personalities
• Handle confidential information with sensitivity and discretion in accordance with HIPAA and Data Privacy laws and company data security requirements
• Proficiently translate health and welfare and pension terms, complex plan information and processes into simple explanations and instructions that customers can understand and act upon.
• Read and understand client’s plan documents, amendments or online knowledgebase tools, etc. Collect relevant information, determine immediate requests/questions and also anticipate the future needs of the member
• Maintain diplomacy and tact while dealing with upset or escalated callers
• Demonstrate knowledge, understanding and compliance with company and client procedures and guidelines providing appropriate and accurate information
• Maintain and document complete and accurate call and case notes
• Respond professionally to customer inquiries/complaints received via phone, email or other communication channels
• Demonstrate ability to maintain a high level of customer service in a changeable work environment
• Participate in team meetings and training
• Possess a cooperative and positive attitude towards customers, internal contacts and team members
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Excellent ability to communicate effectively using the English language in a customer service setting, including verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to quickly assess current state issues and formulate a response/resolution using analytical and problem solving skills
• High level attention to detail
• Strong computer skills with the ability to navigate multiple software applications
• Working knowledge of health and welfare and/or defined benefit pension plans a plus
• Minimum 1-2 years’ experience in a customer service setting, at least 2-3 years is preferred
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office programs (specifically Outlook, Excel and Word)
• Ability to type 30-40 WPM
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work in a multi-tasked environment and prioritize and organize work
• Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule (30 – 40 hours/week with some overtime requested; variety of schedule start and end times)
• Must have excellent attendance and be punctual to work
• Fluent in Spanish a plus
• Associate or Bachelor’s degree preferred
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178