Eaton’s Power Systems Division is currently seeking a Systems Engineer to join our team. This position can be based at one of the following Eaton locations: Franksville, WI, S. Milwaukee, WI or Waukesha, WI.
The Systems Engineer will be an integrated member of an interdisciplinary product development team, with primary systems engineering responsibility including requirements management, traceability, baseline and change control, and verification and validation (“V&V”) plan development. In addition to project assignments, the Systems Engineer will be responsible for the development, maintenance, and improvement of systems engineering processes, including recommending and testing enhancements to requirements and issue tracking tools, maintaining process documentation on behalf of project teams, and facilitating effective data sharing between stakeholders. Success in this position requires the ability to work effectively in both collaborative and independent working environments, excellent verbal and written communication skills, high attention to technical details, and a strong desire to influence organizational growth through the implementation and adoption of new processes, techniques, and tools.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It’s where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours.
In this function you will:
- Partner with Marketing, Sales, Service, Engineering, and other cross-functional stakeholders to elicit customer needs and develop customer requirements for new product introductions and existing product enhancements
- Transform customer needs and Marketing requirements information into system and sub-system level requirements
- Define and implements processes to provide requirements traceability from Marketing and customer needs through implementation and testing
- Document detailed functional and non-functional requirements for new and existing products
- Coordinate design activities with cross-functional development teams to ensure adherence to specifications and facilitates change control as appropriate
- Educate Engineering, Marketing, and other stakeholders on industry best practices regarding systems engineering functions and behaviors
- Conduct competitive product analysis and comparison to gather intelligence for Marketing and Engineering teams
- Gather information from development and quality assurance test teams to aid in the assembly of technical product performance information
- Assist development and Quality Assurance (QA) teams in test case development to ensure proper test coverage for specific features and functions
- Develop, Maintain, and Exercise control system models and/or simulation environments to support product development and systems engineering activities
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we — as individuals and as a company — are stronger. Qualifications
Required (Basic) Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or Information Technology from an accredited institution
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in software, firmware, or hardware product development (Work experience gained during undergrad/graduate school will be counted toward the 3 years requirement)
- Must be able to work in the United States without corporate sponsorship now and within the future
- No relocation benefit is being offered for this position. Only candidates within a 50-mile radius of Franksville, WI, S. Milwaukee, WI, or Waukesha, WI will be considered. Active Duty Military Service member candidates are exempt from the geographical area limitation.
- 2 or more years of experience performing a systems engineering function (requirements management, validation & verification test plan management, requirements change control, product lifecycle management, etc.)
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or related field highly desirable
- Experience in model-based systems engineering highly desirable, including familiarity with SysML, MATLAB Simulink, Scilab, and other similar modeling languages and/or platforms
- Experience working within agile, scrum, and/or DevOps frameworks highly desirable
- Familiarity with power distribution system IEDs, such as relays and controls, and protection apparatus highly desirable
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills with proven results
- Systems engineering certification highly desirable (INCOSE ASEP/CSEP/ESEP, etc.)
- Ability to travel up to 10% to customer sites and other Eaton facilities; ability to travel locally between Eaton facilities in Franksville, WI, South Milwaukee, WI, and Waukesha, WI as needed to support project engagements.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a matrix environment, get results and drive change through others.
- Effective oral and written communication skills as well as planning and organizational skills.
We are committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job-related reasons regardless of an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by law.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: PSD Power Systems Division
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 25 % of the Time