Occidental Petroleum Corporation (NYSE: OXY) is an international oil and gas exploration and production company, and its OxyChem subsidiary is a major North American chemical manufacturer. We are one of the largest U.S. oil and gas companies, based on equity market capitalization, with more than 40,000 employees and contractors worldwide.
Our greatest asset has been and will continue to be our people. We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual to fill the position of Manager Crude/NGL Fundamentals within our Analytics & Marketing Fundamentals based in Houston, Texas.
The position manages and leads the analysis of international and domestic crude oil and natural gas liquids (NGL) markets, developing supply, demand and price projections to enhance strategic business decisions and support trading teams. Responsibilities include developing and communicating international and domestic crude oil and NGL fundamentals to marketing management and the executive management team. Important contributions include:
- Develop new and manage existing international crude oil and NGL supply / demand assessments and models including: major consuming / producing country analyses, infrastructure and transportation trends, cost of supply, and demand analysis.
- Advise Company on international / domestic price trends for crude oil and gas liquids.
- Identify strategic marketing and/or commercial opportunities related to trends in the international and domestic oil / NGL markets.
- Prepare and present fundamental analysis and price outlooks to executive management
- Provide analytical and market analysis support for trading activities
- Network with industry counterparts in order to stay abreast of new developments and new opportunities that may impact crude oil and/or NGL market fundamentals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Finance, Mathematics or Economics
- Candidates required to have 5+ years of similar experience in energy market analysis
- Candidates required to have 12+ years of energy industry experience
- Technical skills include high proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Spotfire, SQL Server and/or advanced database management
- Candidate must possess strong written and verbal communications skills; strong analytical work experience and possess the ability to work on ad-hoc analytical requests.
- Experience in evaluating commodity markets, project economics, supply side forecasting, demand analysis and price development is essential
Relocation: Will not be offered at this time.
Occidental does not offer sponsorship of employment-based nonimmigrant visa petitions for this role.
Occidental is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, marital status, political preference, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status