To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Information Technology Operations Manager
Altec Industries , Inc. • Birmingham, AL
Posted 12 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Why Join Altec?
If you're considering a career with Altec, Inc., there's never been a better time to join us! Our Company was founded based upon values that place the customer first, and view people as our greatest strength. Altec has continued to grow, utilizing the same basic values, and over the years, those values have helped us to earn the trust and confidence of our customers worldwide. We remain committed to total customer satisfaction in everything we do. That's why today, Altec is an innovative, financially sound company that is setting the standard of excellence in design, manufacturing and service; and that's why you can rely on us to provide you with the stability of a well managed company.
Altec Inc., founded in 1929, is a privately held company headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama.
Altec specializes in the manufacture, sale and service of aerial devices, digger derricks, cranes and specialty equipment for the electric utility, telecommunications, tree care, construction, and light and sign maintenance industries in more than 120 countries.
Plan and manage data center and cloud systems operations by following industry best practices.
- Supervise team of information systems associates responsible for key systems operations
- Provide high level of service to business groups, customers, and suppliers who depend on system availability
- Develop and maintain information systems operations roadmap
- Recommend and fulfill staffing plan to complete information systems operations roadmap and to manage operational risk.
- Manage risks – including cyber risks - related to information services operations.
- Lead efforts to measure and improve system operations procedures and processes.
- Continually assess current system operations needs and plan for future requirements
- Develop and maintain response procedures for system operations incidents, including disaster recovery and business continuity
- Design and develop key performance indicators with monitoring and reporting for system operations
- Recommend budget items for system operations
Education, Experience, and Skills Required:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience on a year-for-year basis required .Information Systems related degree strongly preferred.
- Minimum of five years work experience supporting large enterprise systems required .
- Willingness to work outside of standard business hours to resolve issues or complete special projects, as needed.
- Current valid Driver’s license.
- Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures.
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A wide degree of problem-solving creativity and latitude is expected.
- Must be able to work independently and with others
- Leads and directs the work of others.
Altec offers a competitive salary that rewards performance and dedication, along with a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• Medical, Dental and Prescription Drug Program
• Retirement 401(k) Program
• Vacation and Holidays
• Flexible Spending Accounts
• Tuition Assistance Program
• Employee Assistance and Mental Health/Substance Abuse Program
• Life Insurance, Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
Altec Industries, Inc. and its affiliates are equal opportunity employers and maintain affirmative action plans to recruit, retain, develop, and promote qualified individuals without unlawful consideration of race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Altec strives to maintain a work environment free from unlawful discrimination and harassment, where associates are treated with respect and dignity.