Software Design Engineer, Contract
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world's leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Are you hardworking and results-oriented software engineer? Do you have a passion for programming and working in a dynamic multidisciplinary team? Do you have the drive to exceed customer expectations, then read on!
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
As a Software Design Engineer Level 2 your responsibility includes:
- Working in a team of highly skilled software engineers responsible for developing software that enables the ever increasing miniaturization of semiconductor technology.
- Using Agile methodology to develop the software using C and/or C++.
- Creating architecture and designs that are modular, scalable, robust and meet customer requirements.
- Perform unit testing and on target testing to ensure the software meets the high quality standards our customers expect.
- You will also participate in continuous process improvement activities aimed at ensuring the processes and tools used throughout software development lifecycle are increasing the team's ability to develop high quality software in the most efficient manner.
Undergraduate or graduate degree in Computer or Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in C and/or C++.
- Experience working on the Linux and/or Solaris platforms.
- Good understanding of statistics, software system design and distributed architectures.
- Extensive experience in embedded software development.
- Thinks creative, out of the box, self-starting, fast learner, good coder and designer.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
This is a contract role at ASML. You will work full time hours on-site at ASML Wilton, but be payrolled through an agency (if offered the role). Contract hires are evaluated for conversion after 12-18 months based on performance, culture fit and headcount approval.
ASML currently has several shifts available at our Wilton facility including:
- Monday through Friday: 6am to 2:30pm
- Sunday through Tuesday: 6:30pm to 7am
- Thursday through Sunday & every other Wednesday: 6:30am to 7pm
Role within Office
Nesco Resource and affiliates (Lehigh G.I.T Inc, and Callos Resource, LLC) is an equal employment opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or veteran status, or any other legally protected characteristics with respect to employment opportunities.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Attention To Detail