Quality Engineer will assist in the implementation and maintenance of all quality system requirements including APQP, PPAP, customer concerns and customer visits, gauging, process control plans, supplier issues, IATF 16949 elements, and customer specific requirements.
Quality Engineer Responsibilities:
- Establish and implement process control plans to include capability studies, gage repeatability and reproducibility (Gage R&R) studies.
- Provide quality related documents to the manufacturing floor, including control plans, control cards, visual aids and work instructions.
- Monitor production floor processes for conformance to control plans and customer requirements which includes fit, function, reliability, durability and reappearance criteria.
- Participate in Advance Product Quality Planning (APQP).
- Prepare and submit Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) packages ensuring all elements are met per customer requirements.
- Develop and implementation of SPC activities, including originating objectives, goals and time tables, and implementing new techniques as they become available.
- Perform capability studies on new jobs and in other situations where they are needed.
- Lead calibration program for the company.
- Participates in and performs Layered Process Audits (LPA) per plan.
- Complies with policies and procedures pertaining to facility or divisional adopted standards such as IATF 16949 and ISO 14001.
- Utilizes the concepts of continuous improvement including Lean.
- May, on occasion, be required to perform duties other than those specified in this description
Quality Engineer Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Quality, Engineering or applicable technical discipline required.
- 2-3 years’ experience in a Quality related role, preferably in the automotive industry.
- Experience in a variety of basic operation disciplines: Manufacturing, Quality, Shop Floor Process.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to solve complex problems and exercise judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information.
- Ability to support and/or lead root cause analysis, disciplined problem-solving and decision-making processes.
- Proven leadership, interpersonal skills and personal development skills.
- Self-motivated individual who can take the initiative to complete tasks
- Past success in technical troubleshooting
- Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
- Good problem-solving abilities using systemic, logical, and sequential approaches
- Knowledge of and experience with ISO/TS requirements
- Good computer skills with an aptitude in Excel, Word, and other statistical software
- Good team player
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced Product Quality Planning
- Attention To Detail
- Automotive Industry
- Business Process Improvement