Req ID: 153079
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC, a CRH Company, is located in southern West Virginia employing more than 100 employees during the construction months. As a stone producer with multiple locations located in the central and southeastern areas of West Virginia, Appalachian Aggregates, LLC supplies stone for ready-mix concrete, asphalt pavement, roadways, commercial buildings, as well as the private markets. Appalachian Aggregates, LLC prides itself on its ability to provide services to many customers in various geographical locations. In addition, by being a part of the CRH Americas family, we are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that come together to form CRH Americas. CRH Americas is the number one asphalt producer, the third-largest aggregates producer, and one of the top 5 ready mixed concrete producers in the United States. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Job Description Summary
• Employee essential in the mobilization of materials between facilities, job sites, and customers.
• Trucks driven but are not limited to: dump trucks, cement tanker, dump trailer, and flat bed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Operates truck in a safe and professional manner on public highways, roads, in the yard area and at various job sites to deliver material.
• Hauling and dumping crushed stone.
• Loading and unloading equipment.
• Unrolls truck tarp to cover loads when required.
• Performs daily pre/post trip inspections with appropriate documentation in compliance with DOT guidelines.
• Checks fluid levels, tires, lights, and other controls for safe operations.
• Must partner with Superintendent/Project Manager to ensure daily schedules are met.
• Attendance required according to company attendance policy to ensure crew is able to operate at normal efficiency level.
• Physical ability to operate equipment and to transport material under temperature extremes and for extended hours of time. Normal shift is 8-12 hours.
• Attitude/Cooperation: Must always maintain a courteous and professional manner with co-workers, customers, and public.
• Craftsmanship and ability to follow OSHA/MSHA safety standards.
• Ability to be flexible with last minute schedule changes, location changes, time of shift changes. Overtime work required. Out of town/county/state work may be required.
• Ability to transport material with attention to detail and emphasis on safety.
• Initiative to perform/assist with other positions for job completion.
• Ability to adhere to personal protective equipment (PPE) policy and maintain individual PPE in functional condition.
• Must be able to check truck for maintenance needed and report deficiencies promptly.
• Must pass drug test, "Fit to Work" physical, and criminal background check.
• High school diploma or equivalent preferred, but not required.
• Must possess Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) and necessary endorsements: Class A and/or Class B. When hauling certain vehicles, may be required to have hazardous materials and tank endorsements.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Appalachian Aggregates, LLC is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.