To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Falls Church, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Enterprise Service Desk SME – Telework
General Dynamics Information Technology • Falls Church, VA
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
General Dynamics Information Technology (GDIT) is seeking highly motivated technical professionals who are eager to play a major role in IT transformation at Government agencies in the aviation and other transportation fields.
Ability to work anywhere in the USA, this is a telework position. Onsite support will be required as requested by customer.
The Enterprise Service Desk Subject Matter Expert (SME) serves as a top level technical/functional expert for the Enterprise Service Desk. The SME assures continuous service desk efficiency and serves as the point person for service desk technical matters. Other responsibilities include:
- Leads and supports the design, development and setup of Enterprise Service Desks
- Leads and supports Enterprise Service Desk projects
- Uses Agile Scrum methodologies to manage IT projects
- Leads and supports the development of enterprise dashboards
- Leads and supports the requirements analysis, planning, design, development, transition, integration and maintenance of ITSM tools (BMC Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
- Leads and supports the requirements analysis, planning, design, development, transition, integration and maintenance of Service Catalogs, Intranets, Web Portals, etc
- Leads and supports the requirements analysis, planning, design, development, transition, integration and maintenance of Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) systems. IVRs, or other telephony systems
- Leads and supports the development and implementation of program documentations to include SOPs and improved workflows required to deliver high quality and consistent support
- Performs highly specialized technical tasks associated with cutting-edge IT Service Delivery technologies
- Understands and interprets KPIs, SLAs and other IT Service performance metrics
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex systems/network problems (Tiers I, II & III)
- Leads and supervises the identification of network/systems problems, isolates root causes, and initiates corrective actions
- Applies diagnostic techniques to identify problems, investigate causes, and recommend solutions
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant developments in area of expertise
- Participates in special projects as required
1) 10 – 15 years of significant hands-on experience in IT Service Delivery/IT Operations Management
2) Certification required: ITILv3, Scrum Master, HDI
3) Certification desired: PMP or PgMP or DAWIA P/PM Level 3 or FAC P/PM Level III
4) Significant hands-on experience with enterprise service desk design, development and setup
5) Significant hands-on experience with ITSM platforms (Remedy, ServiceNow, etc.)
6) Strong knowledge and hands-on with Automatic Call Distributor (ACD) systems, IVRs, or other telephony systems
7) Considerable knowledge, understanding and experience with Enterprise Monitoring tools – SolarWinds, Splunk, Traverse, and others
For more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology has served as a trusted provider of information technology, systems engineering, training and professional services to customers across federal, state, and local governments, and in the commercial sector. Over 40,000 GDIT professionals deliver enterprise solutions, manage mission-critical IT programs and provide mission support services worldwide. GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class.