Schedule: Tuesday-Saturday 8am-4:30pm
The Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) at the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Master Social Worker-PRI (PRI) functions in the role assisting the patient and family and interdisciplinary team through the care episode. The primary duties, in addition to any discharge planning activities, include individual, group, and family therapy to the adult population; communicating with the patients; and assisting in the development of a specific treatment plan that reflects the therapeutic intervention to address the patient need. The LSW will have strong clinical skills that integrate evidence based strategies; good verbal skills; solid and timely documentation skills; ability to deal with stress; ability to take initiatives and make decisions for the betterment of the patient’s needs while maintaining professional boundaries; ability to effectively interact with diverse individuals, and the ability to evaluate problems and identify a unique approach to treatment.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving the health, health care, and well-being of Arkansans.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks:
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Salary commensurate with experience.
- Through group therapy related to identified patient needs.
- Psychosocial services to include initial assessment upon admission.
- Patient and family education, advocacy, counseling and interventions with individuals, couples, families and groups for purposes of assessment and enhancement of problem-solving and coping capacities.
- Therapeutic intervention through individual and family therapy related to identified patient needs.
- Discharge planning and aftercare coordination, community referrals and linkages.
- Participate in team/staff treatment meetings for the adult units, census team meetings as requested and other collaboration in order to develop, plan, and manage the treatment of patients from admission through discharge.
- Provides accurate and timely documentation of all interactions related to the treatment of the patient.
- Serves as a consultant for processing guardianship, power of attorney, health care proxy, and advance directives in conformance with UAMS policy.
May perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology or related field
- Must be licensed by an Arkansas Professional Board as an Licensed Master Social Worker (LMSW) or Licensed Certified Social Worker (LCSW) by hire date
This is a safety sensitive position and subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
UAMS is an [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Master Social Worker-PRI and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Licensed Master Social Worker-PRI of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at
and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
Bend, crawl, crouch, kneel, stoop, or reach overhead: Occasionally
Lift, push, pull, carry weight: 11 - 25 lbs
Use hands to touch, handle, or feel: Frequently
Taste or smell: Occasionally
Read, concentrate, think analytically: Continuously
Physical Environment: Inside Medical Facility Environment, Inside Office Environment
Noise Level: Moderate
Visual Requirements: Far visual acuity, Near visual acuity
- Clinical Works
- Family Therapy
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker (Lcsw)
- Licensed Social Worker