Designs, defines and implements complex system requirements for customers and/or prepares studies and analyzes existing systems. Determines system specifications, input/output processes and working parameters for hardware/software compatibility. Coordinates design of subsystems and integration of total system. Identifies, analyzes and resolves program support deficiencies. Develops and recommends corrective actions.
Provide customer support through the performance of the installation, as well as overseeing any necessary diagnoses, troubleshooting, service, and repair of equipment and systems.
- Program PLCs, HMIs, and SCADA systems for new or modified equipment
- Maintain automation and equipment including working with low to medium voltage
- Troubleshoot problems, identify, and implement new or amended system functionality, identify operational process gaps, and take corrective actions
- Recommend and initiate modifications or replacement of equipment, which fail to meet operating standards
- Execute initiatives supporting our automation strategy, manage operating workflows and progress continuous improvement opportunities
- Perform project management function for customer projects including needs identification, scheduling, tracking, and reporting
- Develop and write documentation as required (validation project plans, standard operating procedures, qualification summary reports, system audits, technical reports, traceability matrix, etc.)
- Communicate with Rockwell Automation and customer management regarding project details
- Travel will occur about 50% for this position for onshore and offshore facilities
- Knowledge of Process Control and Safety systems including Fire and Gas, Emergency Shutdown, SIS, and Process Control Systems. Knowledge of BOP systems will be a plus.
- Overtime, on-call, and weekend support, as needed
- Business Process Improvement
- Customer Service
- Medical Emergency
- Problem Solving