The purpose of the Manager I (MGRI) position is to assist Branch management in tactically executing QSR or similar restaurant management operations. The MGRI ensures the restaurant is clean, ready for business, staffed, and operates to high operational standards. The MGRI uses prescribed policies and procedures to make management decisions.
* Completes opening, daily and closing procedures/checklists in accordance with company policies/procedures
* Assists the AGM/GM in managing by supervising day-to-day activities of associates within a defined individual or group of restaurants or points-of-sale
* Participates in the interview process, provides input in hiring, recommends termination, advancement, promotion or any other status change to the GM for associates within the unit
* Assigns work tasks and activities, participates in preparing schedules, and ensures that all shifts are covered
* Actively ensures all associates take all mandated rest breaks and meal periods
* Ensures display areas are appropriately clean, stocked, and visually appealing
* Ensures all equipment is in good working order
* Operates cash register and voids transactions as needed while following all HMSHost cash handling policies and procedures, and maintains proper security of cash at all times
* Monitors compliance with wellness and safety procedures and guidelines, builds awareness about wellness and safety, and reports any safety concerns to the GM
* Understands and performs all Health and Safety activities as specified in the Manager's Guide to Associate Health and Safety
* Places orders for individual units, receives goods, processes invoices
* Ensures that the company has most current contact information for all associates working in the restaurant.
* Ability to work shifts during various operating days and hours each week; during opening, during busy day parts, and during closing to monitor restaurant associates' work activities during these different days and times.
* Knowledge of all applicable federal, state, and local sanitary, safety, and health standards, and all procedures and protocols to comply with HACCP standards
Reporting relationship and other important information
* The MGRI position as described falls under the Fair Labor Standards act as a Non-Exempt position
* The MGRI position typically reports to the General Manager, Director of Operations, or an intermediate F&B Multi Unit Manager II within the assigned location.
* The MGRI position is expected to work a varied and rotating schedule to be on site at various operating days and hours each week; some opening shifts, during some busy dayparts, and during some closing shifts to monitor restaurant associates' work activities during these different days and times.
Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills, and Work Environment:
* Requires a minimum of 2 years food and beverage, cash handling, and customer service experience
* Requires a minimum of 6 months supervisory or lead experience in a restaurant or production kitchen
* Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Customer Service
- Fair Labor Standards Act
- Food Safety
- Occupational Safety And Health