At Independence Physician Management (IPM a subsidiary of UHS Inc.) we are looking for exceptional people who share our vision and values, who share our focus on hard work, enthusiasm, teamwork, loyalty, trust and cooperation. We've embraced these traits and built a team of employees who consistently work to achieve the highest level of service excellence. People are our most valuable resource at IPM as we are committed to providing high quality acute care and behavioral health services to residents of the communities we serve. We are equally committed to offering our employees unlimited opportunity in an environment that encourages professional development.
The Administrative Assistant provides and oversees a wide variety of clerical and specialized administrative functions that may be of a critical or confidential nature for the Director, IPM Central Billing Operations (CBO). Delivers administrative support on projects that are moderate in scope and complexity with primary responsibilities that include capturing, preparing and composing data for the IPM CBO Leadership Team. Screens telephone calls, receives and directs visitors, and resolves routine inquiries. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments and schedules including travel itineraries. Coordination of internal meetings with outside vendors and management to include booking conference rooms, conference call information and at times meal planning. Prepares and distributes minutes of meetings, handling confidential information with discretion. Assists in revisions, formatting and editing of guidelines, policies and procedures and maintains the most updated version in appropriate database. Clerical support (filing copying, mailings, etc.) Organizes education programs for CBO staff as directed by the IPM CBO Leadership Team. May assist in CBO programs, projects, and processes. Offers a developed level of professionalism to interact effectively within a diverse environment. Accomplishes tasks and projects as assigned requiring independent thinking, creative analysis and minimal supervision.
- Delivers administrative support on projects. Researches and collects information, compiles data from one or more sources, and composes data for the IPM CBO Leadership Team.
- Screens telephone calls, receives and directs visitors, and resolves routine inquiries. Schedules and maintains calendar of appointments and schedules including travel itineraries.
- Provides support for meetings including preparing agendas, reserving rooms, sending appointments, coordinating catering, recording and distributing minutes. Sets up and trouble shoots phone, video, and web conferencing effectively
- Assists in revisions, formatting and editing of guidelines, policies and procedures and maintains the most updated version in appropriate database.
- Utilizes and provides basic maintenance for all office equipment including computers, scanners, phones, fax machines, printers and copiers. Ensures the office equipment and facility / work area is in proper working condition. Contacts the appropriate service provider (i.e. housekeeping, computer support or office equipment vendor) to resolve any issues that arise. Coordinates regular maintenance as needed.
- Maintains and updates department resources and tools such as employee lists, referral lists, phone lists, organizational charts, or other department information.
- Organizes education programs for CBO staff as directed by the IPM CBO Leadership Team. May assist in CBO programs, projects, and processes.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: High School Graduate/Equivalent. Technical School/2 Years College/Associates Degree preferred.
Work experience: Minimum (3 years) experience using advanced computer skills and coordinating projects. Experience in healthcare billing preferred. Demonstrated interpersonal verbal and communication skills.
Knowledge: Understanding of professional medical billing preferred.
Skills: Excellent organization skills and attention to detail. Results oriented with a proven track record of accomplishing tasks within a high-performing team environment. Service-oriented/customer-centric. Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Equipment Operated: Microsoft skills required. Mainframe billing software (e.g., Cerner, Epic, IDX) experience desirable
If you meet the above requirements and are looking for a rewarding career, please take a moment to share your background with us by applying online. Independence Physician Management offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and benefit programs including medical, dental, life insurance, and 401(k).
Independence Physician Management is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPM via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Independence Physician Management. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired as a result of the referral or through other means
Attention To Detail