To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- San Diego, CA 92121
- Debbie Duguay
- Phone: 760-716-7373
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
VP or SVP of Manufacturing
Spencer Reed Consulting, LLC • San Diego, CA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
SVP or VP of Manufacturing - San Diego, CA 92121
Salary: $180K - $210K base + Bonus + Car Allowance
Reports to: CEO
Position Overview: Summary
San Diego-based manufacturer is looking for a SVP/VP of Manufacturing. This is a key position that is responsible for the efficient operation of our manufacturing facilities. The VP will be responsible for production, process improvement, inventory control, fulfillment, safety, security, quality control, planning, scheduling, and management of manufacturing staff.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Directs plant manufacture, production, quality, and shipping in a competent manner in accordance with Company policies and procedures
- Works on continuous improvement of old and new processes and procedures
- Achieves company goals and objectives. Delivers metrics / analytics to report back to management and stakeholders
- Proactively implements workforce changes etc. to maintain and improve efficiency and meet production demands, controls labor costs by effectively locating people where needed or implementing automation
- Monitors quality control throughout the production cycle. Ensures product quality meets company standards at each point of the operation.
- Reduce costs and improve efficiencies by optimizing and establishing production standards including labor, material, scrap and rework
- Manage and leads to clear road blocks to help accomplish department goals
- Leads safety program, Ensures a mindset of safety is prevalent on the manufacturing floor
- Ensures that orders leave on time, keeping production lead time to a minimum.
- Reduces production costs and modifies production, inventory control programs to ensure profitable operations
- Controls material costs continually to see that there is proper usage of materials, minimum waste
- Recognizes production problems or problems related to finished goods and takes corrective action to continually reduce rework expenditures
- Establishes plans and maintains records for effective inventory and production control for costing, inventory, performance, and for other necessary purposes
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial, Chemical or Mechanical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- 5-10+ years manufacturing or plant management exp., preferably in regulated industry (e.g., FDA, ISO)
- 5-10+ years material and production scheduling, process manufacturing, preferred
- LEAN Manufacturing exp. preferred
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and management capabilities
- ERP experience
- Data-driven and analytical decision-making skills
Desirable Candidate Attributes:
- High volume mfg / fast paced
- Ability to work with frequently changing priorities
- Strong leadership abilities, inspires people
- Outstanding communication skills
- High energy, sense of urgency
- Attention to details
- Good problem solving skills under pressure
- Automation / Manufacturing
- FDA, medical device, dental industry background, preferred
If you are interested in pursuing this outstanding opportunity, please email your resume for immediate consideration.