The In-Kind Donations Coordinator is primarily responsible for the day-to-day support of StreetLightUSA’s in-kind donation process including fielding in-kind gift inquiries, resolving in-kind donation related issues, inventory of in-kind donations, up-keep of on-campus and off campus storage areas located in-doors and outdoors, coordinating on and off campus deliveries, receiving and distributing in-kind donations, working with SLUSA staff to distribute in-kind gifts, and managing relationships with in-kind donors and in-kind supporters.
This position is responsible for all aspects of in-kind donations, including coordinating on and off campus in-kind delivery and pick-up, lifting heavy in-kind donations, fielding in-kind inquiries, receiving and evaluating needs and value, communicating with in-kind donors (via telephone, in-person, and electronically), managing and reporting in-kind receipt and inventory to StreetLightUSA finance department and on-site and off-site in-kind donation partners.
The In-Kind Donations Coordinator serves as the liaison between StreetLightUSA Campus Support, members of the SLUSA program staff, on/off site in-kind partners, the finance department, general operations and development to fulfill, distribute and track in-kind donations and information on a weekly basis.
This job requires a responsible individual who is:
• Friendly, easily adaptable to change and enjoys working and communicating with people (via in-person, telephone, and electronically) along with the ability to communicate in writing.
• Self- motivated, problem-solver, detail-oriented, organized and responsive with the ability work in a team environment.
• Proactive and reactive focused on eliminating problems before they have a chance to appear and maintaining a positive reactive approach based on responding to events after they have occurred.
• Able and willing to lift heavy in-kind donations move items into on-site and offsite storage areas located indoors and outdoors. Seek assistance when needed.
Passionate about the mission of StreetLightUSA.
• Collaborate with SLUSA Campus Support department along with other transportation options regarding the delivery and pick up of on-campus and off campus in-kind contributions from Office Depot and other sites as assigned.
• Coordinate with SLUSA Campus Support regarding the delivery, pick-up, storage, and placement of in-kind donated items.
• Track and manage in-kind donation inventory into Precure Network software including the submission of current inventory reports when requested.
• Track and report all in-kind donations to off-site partners (ie: Feed the Children), SLUSA finance, campus support and development.
• Physical management of in-kind contributions and donated items in internal, external, and donation room storage areas, including placement, organization, transfers, and inventory.
• Coordinate with SLUSA staff and off campus partners regarding in-kind donation needs, receipt and delivery of in-kind donations.
• Communicate with other Development team members regarding the list of current in-kind donation requests for the SLUSA Wish List.
• Communicate with and cultivate relationships with in-kind donors, both individual and corporate, (via in-person, telephone, and electronically)
• Document in-kind donors and in-kind donations via photographs for the SLUSA monthly newsletter and social media; when applicable
• Co-hosts service projects in conjunction with campus support and the volunteer management team.
• Manage volunteers assigned to assist with in-kind inventory and storage needs.
• Assists with campus tours and serve as representative for StreetLightUSA at public outreach events/activities (as assigned).
• Other duties as assigned and in-line with scope of work.
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving