Job ID: 154288
Terra Services, a CRH Company, was established in 2004 in Lakeland, Minnesota. Terra Services is an erosion control and restoration contractor working in Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Iowa. Terra Services works in both public and private markets that include: Highway, Bridge, City and County Streets, Airports, Energy and Development in the upper Midwest.
Union Position that includes Health and Retirement Benefits
Terra, a CRH Company, is an erosion control and restoration company. Terra works in both public and private markets that include: Highway, City and County Streets, Airports, Energy and Development. Terra plays a vital role in keeping projects compliant with Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans.
The position is responsible for working on a team to perform erosion control, seeding and restoration work. Operating equipment, transporting equipment and materials to jobsites, working alongside laborers to install materials, and leading crews daily.
We are willing to train individuals with some experience with the right attitude and potential.Key Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Ensure a safe work environment in compliance with all safety policies and procedures using the appropriate tools and equipment for the task.
- Install erosion control blanket, seed, silt fence and hydromulch
- Operate equipment to finish grading soil, move materials, & install erosion control materials
- Fill out timecards and paperwork that tracks hours, materials, and notes for the day
- Discuss quantities with job inspectors after completing work on each job
- Operate skid steers, small and large tractors
- Load and unload materials in the yard onto trucks
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn, operation of a hydroseeding truck
- Properly follow all company policies and OSHA/MSHA regulations for safe working procedures and environment. Report any problems to the Foreman, Superintendent, Safety Manager, or Human Resources Manager.
- Regular and predictable attendance at assigned times is required.
- Other duties as may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Education/Experience
Work RequirementsWork Environment
- Able to work in all weather conditions.
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; high, precarious places; outside weather conditions; and risk of electrical shock or burn.
- The noise level in some areas of the work environment may be loud, but is typically moderate.
The statements included in this job description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for this job are subject to modification by the Company and its designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
What CRH Americas Offers You
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development and internal promotion
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
CRH Americas is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Please complete your online application and profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!
Terra is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer.
EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click on this URL blocked - click to apply.
Personal Protective Equipment
Occupational Health And Safety Administration (Osha)