Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our location in Lake Bluff, IL currently has an opportunity for a Corporate Paralegal.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Corporate Paralegal provides legal support in several areas, including subsidiary management, corporate secretary/governance and related matters for Abbott’s OUS entities (subsidiaries and branches).
The primary responsibilities include:
- Maintenance and organization of Abbott’s global subsidiary management database (GEMS) of assigned region/countries
- Audit/reconcile records in GEMS with affiliates/ external service providers.
- Assist with documenting corporate actions, including the appointment of officers and directors, and filing minute book records to GEMS ( i.e. draft/review shareholders and board consents in lieu of meetings, meeting minutes, power of attorney, certifications).
- Develop and maintain working relationships with various departments (US & OUS) with which the team interfaces.
- Manage/liaise with external service providers, including ILO legal counsel, to ensure compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Assist Legal/Tax with entity formation, mergers, dissolutions, and related projects.
- Provide/verify OUS subsidiary legal data and related information to various departments within Abbott.
- Assist with a variety of other requests to support the team and department as may arise from time to time.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
Ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree and/or relevant legal education (Paralegal Certificate)
- 2-4 years international or US subsidiary management experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, proofreading and organizational skills.
- Detail-oriented, taking pride to ensure nothing is missed.
- Ability to multi-task, work independently and efficiently in a fast-paced environment, proactively thinking through challenges and coming up with pragmatic workable solutions.
- Excellent project management and organizational skills, with a focus on continuous process improvement.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethic.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Paralegal
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Paralegal, on Facebook at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Corporate Paralegal and on Twitter @AbbottNews and @AbbottGlobal.
- Hardworking And Dedicated
- Attention To Detail
- Self Motivation